Ralph Wilson's successor.

I was thinking the same thing. Dude looks like a walking corpse. It's wierd looking at him. Almost like a wax sculpture walking round and talking or something. He's all pale and decrepid looking.

If RW passes away before the situation with the Buffalo Bills is settled, what will be your reaction? I know we will all feel sad and mourn the man for what he has done and what he has meant to the city of Buffalo, but other than that, what will your reaction be? With no new owner in place and the future of the Bills in Buffalo cloudy at best, my reaction will be that of great concern.

I hope the whole situation with RW get's resolved sooner rather than later. I have some questions that I've never heard before. Such as:

Who shall inherit the team? Will it be his wife or his daughter?

What are their intentions? This is the question I would like answered the most.

Shouldn't we be asking those questions now while RW is still around and breathing? We all know RW wants the team to stay in Buffalo as long as he lives, but the man IS 86 years old.

722122[/snapback]

Wow, someone wondering about Ralph's departure... What insight, what brilliance, what creative spirit to tackle a question no one at TSW has thought fit to discuss yet....

Ugh.

:o

I'd rather find out the answer now while RW is still around. RW is in Buffalo's corner. He's got our back. I'd like to get the same assurance from the people RW is leaving the team to. I don't want to find out when it's too late.

I'm not going to cyberbash you you like a few of the folks... and I don't mean it to come off as such... But, what would happen if you "found out too late"? I mean, are you in free fall now and just want to know, within reason, when to open your parachute?

I will try to sum things up as best as I can see, from my perspective. Many of the "wallers" know I'm a lifelong NYS resident from my previous posts, and they know where I'm coming from, although they may not agree... So I'll re-hash what I've already stated more than a few times already.

No one knows what will happen when Ralph passes. But, we know that Ralph won't be the owner anymore. Wife, kids? That's a heckuva lot of responsibility to leave them with. One thing an NFL owner needs is a passion for football and a passion for money. Do the wife/kids have that? I have my doubts.

With NYS in total economic chaos, and the absolute worst environment, politically, for a business to be located in the USA, what would you do if you became the owner of the Bills?

Shed your "Bills skin" for a moment and have an outer body experience. If your two biggest goals are to win the the SB and make a ton of $$$, can that be accomplished with your business/team located in Buffalo? If you answer yes to that, then there's really nothing to argue. But, from where I'm sitting, I say the answer is no... the economic and political peril that Erie County and this state is in is one that cannot be fixed unless there's a mass genocide/suicide of every single lawyer, lobbyist, and politican in the state. that aint going to happen. Jesus Christ could be elected governor tomorrow and would not be able to fix this situation it is so bad.

So, yeah, there's going to be a new owner and for that person to remain competetive and make money they need a financially lucrative venue to do that in. I don't know where that venue would be at this time, because the only viable markets that I see as even close to having money making potential are perhaps LA, Portland, Sacremento. All of the bigger venues have franchises now. And, New Orleans is a literal ghost town now... and it doesn't appear that any of the heavy hitters want to invest in a city that sits below sea level. Too many bad things can happen.

I just don't worry about the Bills that much anymore... bigger fish to fry... like taking care of my family and getting the f*** out of this state.

Wow, someone wondering about Ralph's departure... What insight, what brilliance, what creative spirit to tackle a question no one at TSW has thought fit to discuss yet....

Ugh.

:o

722439[/snapback]

Laying on the sarcasm pretty thick, huh. :doh:

I know that this topic has been brought up ad nauseum. We even discussed who would be the most likely owner if RW were to sell. The operative word being "sell".

I would like to hear from whomever is inheriting the team in the event that RW passes on. This isn't just some mythical, hypothetical, most likely person. This is someone that already exists. I'm sure they put some thought into the matter. What are their feelings? Do they love Buffalo? Are they out to make a quick buck?

Why do I need to know now? I'd like to pick up a new hobby on Sundays just in case.

Laying on the sarcasm pretty thick, huh. ;)

I know that this topic has been brought up ad nauseum. We even discussed who would be the most likely owner if RW were to sell. The operative word being "sell".

I would like to hear from whomever is inheriting the team in the event that RW passes on. This isn't just some mythical, hypothetical, most likely person. This is someone that already exists. I'm sure they put some thought into the matter. What are their feelings? Do they love Buffalo? Are they out to make a quick buck?

Why do I need to know now? I'd like to pick up a new hobby on Sundays just in case.

722662[/snapback]

.... so you actually think that "whomever is inheriting the team", assuming there is such a person, would be reading this forum and would be willing to share their thoughts with you? <play Twilight Zone theme here>

Laying on the sarcasm pretty thick, huh. ;)

722662[/snapback]

Yes, I suppose I did.... Although I have no desire to cause personal offense, your post managed to combine for me just about everything that is wrong with message boards: an unnecessary new thread on a dead horse that has no chance of providing any other information. That you started it with an offensive title was the cherry on top.

In the end, though, I have to go with George Costanza. The problem is not you, it's me. I obviously need to stop visiting tsw. So, I thank you for helping me to see the light.

If RW passes away before the situation with the Buffalo Bills is settled, what will be your reaction? I know we will all feel sad and mourn the man for what he has done and what he has meant to the city of Buffalo, but other than that, what will your reaction be? With no new owner in place and the future of the Bills in Buffalo cloudy at best, my reaction will be that of great concern.

I hope the whole situation with RW get's resolved sooner rather than later. I have some questions that I've never heard before. Such as:

Who shall inherit the team? Will it be his wife or his daughter?

What are their intentions? This is the question I would like answered the most.

Shouldn't we be asking those questions now while RW is still around and breathing? We all know RW wants the team to stay in Buffalo as long as he lives, but the man IS 86 years old.

722122[/snapback]

After saying a couple years ago his children didn't want the team, in part because of the inheritance tax issue, Mr. Wilson retreated a couple months back and indicated there was a chance he would leave the team to one of his kids.

The speculation inside the Bills organization is he would leave it to his daughter, Linda Bogdan, who was recently promoted to the title of corporate vice president. She's been with the team for 18 years, most notably as a scout. Her new responsibilities include long-term planning for the team.

Whether Wilson wills the franchise to someone else there are serious questions--as others have noted--to keeping the franchise in western New York much longer. The population base is in steady decline. Over the past 30 years the Buffalo television market's rank has nosedived from 24th to 47th. Jobs and people are fleeing.

Future government assistance is uncertain with both the city and county government finances overseen by control boards. It is not a pretty picture.

Yes, I suppose I did.... Although I have no desire to cause personal offense, your post managed to combine for me just about everything that is wrong with message boards: an unnecessary new thread on a dead horse that has no chance of providing any other information. That you started it with an offensive title was the cherry on top.

In the end, though, I have to go with George Costanza. The problem is not you, it's me. I obviously need to stop visiting tsw. So, I thank you for helping me to see the light.

722994[/snapback]

How 'bout YOU tell ME what to write. Will that make you happy?