The pentagon acknowledged that detainees

No doubt they are both responsible in mismanaging money.

I am  just wondering if there will be congressional oversight in this issue as to who what when and how.

722089[/snapback]

You'll forgive me for laughing at your "solution", which is the equivalent of giving the fox the keys to the henhouse.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was skeptical to post congressional oversight, but I did :o I would like to think that the GAO or some official investigating agency would be interested in billions unaccounted for and maybe they are? I will check on it a bit.

I was skeptical to post  congressional oversight, but I did :o I would like to think that the GAO or some official investigating agency would be interested in billions unaccounted for and maybe they are? I will check on it a bit.

722251[/snapback]

They are. The report of billions wasted originally came from the GAO, I think (if not...then its DoD equivalent. Believe it or not, DoD does audit their contracts for performance.)

And like I said earlier...chump change. I was talking with people at my client site today (government contractors themselves), and they - as people who spend government money daily - were laughing at the idea that $15B out of a half-trillion is "wasted". Doesn't make it right, obviously...but it is business as usual in the government.

And I guarantee you, too...the way to waste even more money is to spend it on a special congressional investigation into the normal course of events.