NYC terrorist plot foiled!

And the administration sat on it for a full year...conveniently, until a few months before mid-term elections.

:D  ;)  :D

719885[/snapback]

Someone said the media leaked the report and the fbi was pissed about it? is that true.

Notice how Schmucky Shumer was praising how they monitored the chat rooms these terrorists used, while last month he was among the idiots complaining how the US was spying on people.

Leaks to the media in election years can help. I do not know the specifics, just hearing all kinds of rumors, good and bad.

720015[/snapback]

Leaks are designed with a specific purpose in mind and that purpose has absolutely nothing to do with what is best for the country. Some will leak things to help the Reps and others will leak things to help the Dems. All because they pols care more about themselves than the country. Others do it because they have an ax to grind. None of it makes it right.

Leaking of classified information really pisses me off.

According to all the reports I read and heard when this broke (I was in NYC) it sounded like a "good" idea but wouldn't have worked. The tunnel(s) would have flooded but forget any idea of flooding lower Manhattan.

I wonder how I missed the thread on the alleged disbanding of the OBL task force. I realize GWB by his own admission doesn't think of OBL much but I was hopeful that someone else did.

I wonder how I missed the thread on the alleged disbanding of the OBL task force.  I realize GWB by his own admission doesn't think of OBL much but I was hopeful that someone else did.

720118[/snapback]

The "alleged disbanding" of the OBL task force was actually the integration of those people and assets into the overall effort to combat fundamentalist Islamic terrorism.

This is because of the recognition that not only is bin Laden marginalized, but the problem is bigger than "just bin Laden", but is actually the entire constellation of Islamic terrorist groups as a whole. A recognition that obviously some of you (and yes, I mean you, evil B word devil snake woman) don't possess.

Notice how Schmucky Shumer was praising how they monitored the chat rooms these terrorists used, while last month he was among the idiots complaining how the US was spying on people.

719962[/snapback]

You know that chat rooms don't have any expectation of privacy don't you?

Par for the course for the media.  :D

719946[/snapback]

lolz, maybe the FBI shouldn't have "leaked" the info to the media in the first place.

I love how everyone gets mad at the media when everyone in the FBI knows darn well what will happen if they tell a newspaper whats going on.

I love how everyone gets mad at the media when everyone in the FBI knows darn well what will happen if they tell a newspaper whats going on.

720144[/snapback]

If they publish the information, they are just as guilty as the person leaking the information. It's called accountability.

Treason. Giving aid and comfort to the enemy in a time of war. Punishable by death.

720183[/snapback]

Let's assume for the sake of argument (because the assumption really has no business associating with reality) that the NYT is, in fact, guilty of treason.

You want to execute the entire New York Times? :devil::D:lol:

What brand of glue do you snif? I want to try it...seems like good stuff...

You want to execute the entire New York Times?  :devil:  :D:lol:

720281[/snapback]

That would be a good start :P .

Treason is a serious thing. The editor, the person who wrote the story and the person in the government who leaked it should be locked up. The person in the govt., if it leads to someone getting killed, should be considered for the death penalty.

Aldrich Ames should have already said hello to Old Sparky.