Something about Losman

B Rob

In the Jaws story they made mention of a short comming of JP I hadn't heard before.It was about his how tall he was.Saying that maybe he was too short.Isn't he like 6'3" and how freakin tall do you need to be?I know Big Ben is 6'5" but that is only 2 inches I mean come on.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about.But I would be interested on some of your takes on if you feel this is an issue or not.

In the Jaws story they made mention of a short comming of JP I hadn't heard before.It was about his how tall he was.Saying that maybe he was too short.Isn't he like 6'3" and how freakin tall do you need to be?I know Big Ben is 6'5" but that is only 2 inches I mean come on.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about.But I would be interested on some of your takes on if you feel this is an issue or not.

717330[/snapback]

All the sites have him listed as 6'2" but I agree with you...surely if 6'4" is prototypical(which I believe it is) then 2 inches shorter is not too short.

Jaworski is 6'2" and a product of that NFL quarterback-feeding-machine-of-a-program at Youngstown State University. Drafted in the 2nd Round in 1973 by the LA Rams he was traded to Philly in 1977 for TE Charles Young. He took the Iggles to the big dance in 1980.

Question: When we trade JP Losman to the Kansas City Chiefs in , will it be for a TE and will JP be wearing a big ring three years later? :rolleyes:

Of course any comparison between Losman and Jaworski is foolish. Jaworski is Polish and JP is Hispanic. Maybe that's why some don't like him very much. :pirate:

Buffalo has another QB that is too short? Let the debate rage.

I think most taller QBs are too slow. Their body movements are too slow and they can't get away from the rush and get sacked too often.

But if a taller QB has quick feet etc. then then have a huge advantage. And I've never thought otherwise (despite thinking Flutie was great).

Flutie was the exception. Plain and simple, he was a great athlete. Most QBs that are on the short side are not good enough athletes to make up for lack of height.

I think Jeff Garcia and Drew Brees are QBs that are too short. And I don't think they've been able to overcome their height enough to get a team to the Superbowl.

Garcia has been able to use his athletic ability to produce big stats and wins but he still hasn't been able to get a team to the SB and he's long-in-the-tooth.

Drew Brees didn't produce until he got TE Antonio Gates.

Big Ben, however, is a exception also because he's a real tall guy that's also a good athlete to use his height.

Peyton Manning uses his height well in the Red Zone. But he's not a good enough athlete to get away from the rush.

JP is Hispanic.

717384[/snapback]

If you're a buyer of atheltic stereotypes it's important to recognize that JP is half American Indian, and that his dad was a professional-quality athlete who had conformance issues that led him to skip a pro baseball career after he was drafted. It might not be unfair to view the difference between Jaworski and Losman similar to the difference between Stan Makowski and Jim Thorpe.

Peyton Manning uses his height well in the Red Zone. But he's not a good enough athlete to get away from the rush.

717391[/snapback]

Peyton is one of the least sacked QBs in the league. He does a great job of sidestepping the rush and reading/reacting to the D to get the ball away quickly. When it comes to avoiding sacks Peyton is certainly "good enough".

Peyton is one of the least sacked QBs in the league.  He does a great job of sidestepping the rush and reading/reacting to the D to get the ball away quickly.  When it comes to avoiding sacks Peyton is certainly "good enough".

717433[/snapback]

I guess I'm refering to the Pittsburgh playoff game. I didn't see what your talking about. But, then again, the Steelers blitzed a lot.

Peyton does get rid of the ball quickly, thus avoiding sacks. So, yes you are right.