Knicks Fire Larry Brown

millbank

This is absolutely perfect. With that mess of a roster Isiah assembled, there's no way somebody else should have to coach that team. I'm not a big Larry Brown fan, I think the guy is extremely overrated. But I just love the fact that we can add a new chapter to the Isiah Thomas + New York Knicks story.

Isiah was a horrible coach with a Finals-caliber team in Indiana. I can't wait to see what these selfish playground stiffs he brought to NYC do with him at the helm. I say 20-62 at best.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Isiah already trade away their 2007 1st round pick? I know the Bulls will be drafting in the Knicks #2 overall spot this year, and I think the NYK may have already dangled their top pick for next year as well.

Dolan still must pay Brown $40 Million.....  He tried to get Brown to take a buyout, now he will try to get arbitration.

This man is if not at top of list of worst owners, very close.

712356[/snapback]

I'd agree. Isaiah must have pictures, because his tenure as GM has been, to be polite, ragged. It will be a long time before the Knicks get out of this cap mess they're in.

I wonder at times, where a owner and management are so incompetitent over a long period of time , that the League does not step in and find a way to remove that ownership. To have a fan base who are very avid and supportive have no hope is not healthy for anyone. The cap in sports certainly does have merit, but when a team management screws themselves up so badly as to be not repairable for a generation to remove the owners and a new one replace them with a clear slate would not be out of order.

I wonder if Larry Brown will ever coach again? He certainly didn't deserve this. He is a HOF caliber coach and he only recieved one year to try and get it done.

With that roster and management, its like telling somebody to fix a tire and hand them a screwdriver.

I wonder if Larry Brown will ever coach again?  He certainly didn't deserve this.  He is a HOF caliber coach and he only recieved one year to try and get it done. 

With that roster and management, its like telling somebody to fix a tire and hand them a screwdriver.

712468[/snapback]

I would contend that he'd have won another title had he stayed in MoTown. THIS YEAR.