Anyone having spyware issues with RealFootball365?

I have been hit recently with false "scanner" pages. (they look like my own computer alerting me I have viruses and I need to download some program to fix it.) Now I am loaded with ant-virus, anti-spyware, and a firewall, not to mention a pop-up blocker. So I am amazed, and puzzled, at how this crap is getting through. I can't say for sure, but I think this crud is coming from RealFootball365. Anyone having problems after visiting that site?

PTR

What browser do you use? Switch to Firefox/Mozilla if you're not already.

Chances are, they're just popups that have gotten past the blocker. Click the "X" in the upper-right hand corner to close the window - don't click anything in the window, just in case.

CW

I also get popups from that site, I use Avant browser with a built in popup blocker, stuff still gets through. I also have added the popups to the black list within Avant to no avail. That site is loaded with bogus popups I can't stop. But, I do have Windows Defender and Norton AV Pro with a spyware scanner and my pc is clean as far as I know. Spybot is a good free spyware scanner, but as with all of the spyware cleaning software, nothing gets all of it, it seems.

GO BILLS!

Lurker and Bills fan since '67 :devil:

I come to TBD everyday and love the site, great debates, good info on my Bills, who I love.

I also get popups from that site, I use Avant browser with a built in popup blocker, stuff still gets through.  I also have added the popups to the black list within Avant to no avail.  That site is loaded with bogus popups I can't stop.  But, I do have Windows Defender and Norton AV Pro with a spyware scanner and my pc is clean as far as I know.  Spybot is a good free spyware scanner, but as with all of the spyware cleaning software, nothing gets all of it, it seems.

GO BILLS!

Lurker and Bills fan since '67  :devil:

I come to TBD everyday and love the site, great debates, good info on my Bills, who I love.

709240[/snapback]

Avant is just an interface for the Internet Explorer engine, you still get most of the crap that IE gets.

Firefox FTW!

What browser do you use?  Switch to Firefox/Mozilla if you're not already.

Chances are, they're just popups that have gotten past the blocker.  Click the "X" in the upper-right hand corner to close the window - don't click anything in the window, just in case.

CW

709185[/snapback]

Aha! But when you click the "X" to close the window, the download page for that bogus software opens up anyway, the bastards! Thanks for the tip, but I've been online long enough to know not to click on stuff you don't know.

PTR

I have been hit recently with false "scanner" pages.  (they look like my own computer alerting me I have viruses and I need to download some program to fix it.)  Now I am loaded with ant-virus, anti-spyware, and a firewall, not to mention a pop-up blocker.  So I am amazed, and puzzled, at how this crap is getting through.  I can't say for sure, but I think this crud is coming from RealFootball365.  Anyone having problems after visiting that site?

PTR

708945[/snapback]

First, what OS and browser are you using? Second, did you already have a/v and a f/w running on your comp before going to that site? Third, it's best to scan at least once every 2 weeks for malware/spyware and always have updated definitions for all these programs.

Here is link to site advisory of that site:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/realfootb...search&aff_id=0

No advisories but probably that is because no one has thought interesting/useful enough to volunteer to review it.

709338[/snapback]

Well something strange is going on in my computer. I just got another bizarre pop-up. This time a voice congratulating me on being a lucky winner of something. (made me jump out of my chair!) I haven't been to RealFootball365, so that can't be it. I ran my SpyBot S&D software right after and it said I was clean. Glenn, where could this crap be hiding on my computer? Registry, maybe?

PTR

Well something strange is going on in my computer.  I just got another bizarre pop-up.  This time a voice congratulating me on being a lucky winner of something.  (made me jump out of my chair!)  I haven't been to RealFootball365, so that can't be it.  I ran my SpyBot S&D software right after and it said I was clean.  Glenn, where could this crap be hiding on my computer?  Registry, maybe?

PTR

709339[/snapback]

A little advice: Always attack spyware infections with at least 2 different products, if not 3!

Adaware + Spybot + Spysweeper is what I use. Low on the system overhead and really keeps me clean.

Go to download.com and grab any of those 3 for free or at least full trial.

What typically happens though is if a customer / friend brings me their computer and it's running very slow with pop-ups galore is that I recommend a full format and reload. If spyware rattles around in your system long enough and if enough gets in it really can tear Windows XP up to the point of beyond repair. Even using rollback doesn't really "fix" the problem unless you know the date the spyware infected you. Spyware can lay dorment for a given amount of time then "hatch".

Nasty crap..

The best spyware remover on the market today is............

Xoftspy

Key features of this software:

* Complete PC scanning, including running processes, registry entries, files and folders

* Detects and removes: Adware, Spyware, Pop-Up Generators, Keyloggers, Trojans, Hijackers,

and Malware

* One of the largest spyware definition databases in the industry

* Automatic definition and feature updates

* Fast, powerful, and easy to use

* Comprehensive customer technical support

* Protects against identity and credit card theft

Minimum System Requirements:

* Intel Pentium II processor (or equivalent)

* 64MB RAM

* 2.5MB of free hard disk space (an initial 16MB required temporarily during installation)

* Internet Explorer 5.5

* Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP

The content from UnRealFootball stinks. The popups are a pain. I do my best not to hit the two bills links to UnRealGarbage. I wish TwoBillsDrive didn't include RalF365 links.

I have been hit recently with false "scanner" pages.  (they look like my own computer alerting me I have viruses and I need to download some program to fix it.)  Now I am loaded with ant-virus, anti-spyware, and a firewall, not to mention a pop-up blocker.  So I am amazed, and puzzled, at how this crap is getting through.  I can't say for sure, but I think this crud is coming from RealFootball365.  Anyone having problems after visiting that site?

PTR

708945[/snapback]

Thank you to Fez and G.Host for their input.  Turns out I had a virus and some crud lurking in my registry.  Ran Ad-Aware and AVG and so far things look good.

PTR

709801[/snapback]

I suggest using a better anti-virus.

Kaspersky

NOD32

Run that xoftspy and see if it finds anything that Ad Aware and Spybot couldn't dectect.