The Logjam Ahead of Martin Nance

JDG

Since you define size as a "football skill" I laugh at the question.  What I'm saying is what I said the very first innocent post I made on this subject, a post that was viciously attecked by the two featherheads above.

708779[/snapback]

All those feather heads did was to question your strong opinions that you put across in an agressive & insulting manner. They did not attack you...just question your judgement.

Honestly people, I've stopped reading at page 5.

What's the point to all this? LD is obviously not thinking well at the moment.

Why not give it a rest?

He cannot see the forrest for the trees.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The reason LaDumbass is being piled on is because he has brought nothing to the table in either of his 2 threads except childish name calling, and his refusal to discuss anything."

What was LaDairis' first post??

Jun 2 2006, 07:53 AM

"Nance went undrafted because he does not have good ball skills at all. The guy has bricks for hands (and so does the Jags leading dropper last year, Wilford). Nance does not adjust well to the ball. He does well if the ball is right to him (like it was when Big Ben was his QB).

h+w+b+40 does not necessarily equal Randy Moss. Sometimes it equals Reggie Williams and Tyrone Calico...

It is just unreal that anyone here thinks Wilford is good. Wilford makes one grab against us and he is just awesome...

Against the Pats in the playoffs starting and playing the whole game, Wilford gets BLANKED... "

And that was several examples of LaDairis challenging the sacred notion of TALL=GOOD. PARROTS, prepare to attack this infidel!!!

"All those feather heads did was to question your strong opinions that you put across in an agressive & insulting manner"

Then to question the notion that TALL=GOOD and h+w+b+40=football skills is "agressive & insulting," almost like attending a Taliban meeting and criticizing Allah...

"All those feather heads did was to question your strong opinions that you put across in an agressive & insulting manner"

Then to question the notion that TALL=GOOD and h+w+b+40=football skills is "agressive & insulting," almost like attending a Taliban meeting and criticizing Allah...

709816[/snapback]

Huh? :doh:

If you disagree with someone, you can just as easily say...

"I disagree, I think things are this way..."

as say...

"What are you talking about you MORON DUMBASS PARROT"

Do you see the difference?

This has nothing to do with Nance, this has to do with your disrespect of others opinions & your fervent belief on what makes a 'valid' opinion.

Precisely WHAT was "agressive(sic) & insulting" about my first post about Nance?

The immediate response was that I had to search the web to come up with some college "stats" to "prove" my point...

"You have any dropped-ball stats for Nance? Seems like a guy who catches 80+ balls wouldn't be dropping too many"

translation: I don't accept your take on a player I've never seen but sure am eager to parrot about...

continue...

"Just would like to see some stats to back-up your claim"

... like, stats that do not exist, and hence since I cannot "back up" my claim, oh, my gosh, I'm guilty of DISPUTING Disease's PARROTING without having "guru parroting" myself!!!!

"Off with his head!!!" cried the TALL=GOOD Taliban...

translation: I don't accept your take on a player I've never seen but sure am eager to parrot about...

709825[/snapback]

real translation: I am not eager to parrot your take on a player without some other information to back it up.

... like, stats that do not exist, and hence since I cannot "back up" my claim, oh, my gosh, I'm guilty of DISPUTING Disease's PARROTING without having "guru parroting" myself!!!!

709825[/snapback]

Honestly I would think almost everyone would consider...

"Just would like to see some stats to back-up your claim"...

as a very polite way of questioning what someone else was saying.

Kzoo (person #2) has seen Nance play 4 times in real life.

It was your responses to these fairly innocent comments that was (& still is) aggressive & abusive.

Why do we let ourselves be suckered into a pointless arguements????

(Read: why do I let myself....) :doh:

Is this what it's like when you do drugs and get stuck in a bad place? ...and I honestly don't know if I mean LaDarius or me continuing to read/post!

I respect the fact that you (LaDarius) think "Nance does not adjust well to the ball. He does well if the ball is right to him " but this seems to contradict the quote from Ben implying Nance adjusted well, has soft hands and BR couldn't believe some of the one-handed catches.

What exactly did you see? You said at one point you saw 4-5 (5-6?) games if I remember right.... Did he have bad stats those games, a lot of dropped passes? Do you think what you saw was representative of his college career? Were some of the games when he was just coiming back from injury? Give us some context in which to interpret your claims of first-hand information to weight them against the other quotes.

Also, is there anything else we should know, such as you know Nance directly or indirectly outside of football, that might sway your opinion?

Is this what it's like when you do drugs and get stuck in a bad place?  ...and I honestly don't know if I mean LaDarius or me continuing to read/post! 

I respect the fact that you (LaDarius) think "Nance does not adjust well to the ball. He does well if the ball is right to him " but this seems to contradict the quote from Ben implying Nance adjusted well, has soft hands and BR couldn't believe some of the one-handed catches. 

What exactly did you see?  You said at one point you saw 4-5 (5-6?) games if I remember right....  Did he have bad stats those games, a lot of dropped passes?  Do you think what you saw was representative of his college career?  Were some of the games when he was just coiming back from injury?  Give us some context in which to interpret your claims of first-hand information to weight them against the other quotes.

Also, is there anything else we should know, such as you know Nance directly or indirectly outside of football, that might sway your opinion?

709836[/snapback]

Awhile back I got in this argument with LaDarius over the future of Geisinger. He says he went to Vanderbilt and watched him play for 4 years. Now what I find odd is Vanderbilt's in the South, yet Nance went to a school with that little (OH) after the Miami. He also played at a school that saw little TV exposure. Just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating I tried to dig up the old thread. Unfortunately I couldn't find it, but I did find him say he went to Vanderbilt. Turns out he also went to last year’s Senior Bowl and Hula Bowl. Maybe he's a professional scout, or maybe he's FOS.

Hot Air

"Awhile back I got in this argument with LaDarius over the future of Geisinger. He says he went to Vanderbilt and watched him play for 4 years"

True...

That topic is pretty funny...

Check out this from the Disease...

"and then Anderson, who played RG with the Ravens (BTW notice that Jamal Lewis hasn't had a 100 yard rushing game this season, with the ONLY change to the O-line being Anderson, replaced with Steelers castoff Keydrick Vincent, who many were high on?). "

translation: I cannot assess anything from watching, but I'm sure BIG=GOOD and have some "stat parroting" to "prove" it...

"I still can't help but think that the Ravens losing Anderson (and replacing him with a guy many here wanted, Keydrick Vincent, formerly of the Steelers) is one of the big reasons that Jamal Lewis hasn't recorded a single 100 yard game this year"

The Holcombs-Arm reminds Disease that Bennie just totally SUKKED on the field...

"QUOTE(Holcombs_Arm @ Nov 3 2005, 12:53 AM)

Even if Anderson is the road grader you make him out to be, his missed block caused that fumble, which basically cost the Bills the game.

I wasn't making Anderson out to be anything, just wondering aloud if one had anything to do with the other. And I'm not satisfied with him being a road grader but a liability in pass protection."

LMAO!!!

"I respect the fact that you (LaDarius) think "Nance does not adjust well to the ball. He does well if the ball is right to him " but this seems to contradict the quote from Ben implying Nance adjusted well, has soft hands and BR couldn't believe some of the one-handed catches."

Ah, the "greater guru" parroting theory for all to see. Dismiss what the Steelers did Draft weekend and stick with the quote, because words after the fact speak louder than actions...

"What exactly did you see? You said at one point you saw 4-5 (5-6?) games if I remember right"

Try closer to 15 over Nance's career. The 4 was KzooMORON's claim, and likely a fib... Miami OH and other MAC teams have made a big effort to score ESPN viewing through mid week games. Miami OH has also been to Bowl games recently, perhaps even each year. Nance got hurt two years ago, and did lose something, but even with Ben as his QB, it was obvious that he really did not have top skills.

I originally wanted to contribute here but I got distracted by parrots flying by.

Anyway, now that the distractions are gone......

I hope Nance will eventually make it as an NFL WR but it does not seem likely to me.

I can't help but think that if all 32 teams pass him by for every single draft pick &....

the windy, cold, lowly(predicted to be a loser this year), Bills who have an abundance of WRs with potential sign him, then most other teams were not vying for his services.

My head keeps saying "If he chose to sign with Buffalo he could not have had many options available to him."

My heart is still hoping though... :doh:

I originally wanted to contribute here but I got distracted by parrots flying by.

Anyway, now that the distractions are gone......

I hope Nance will eventually make it as an NFL WR but it does not seem likely to me.

I can't help but think that if all 32 teams pass him by for every single draft pick &....

the windy, cold, lowly(predicted to be a loser this year), Bills who have an abundance of WRs with potential sign him, then most other teams were not vying for his services.

My head keeps saying "If he chose to sign with Buffalo he could not have had many options available to him."

My heart is still hoping though... :lol:

709853[/snapback]

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

Just when you thought it was safe to get back into the water :doh:

"Kzoo (person #2) has seen Nance play 4 times in real life"

He claims that. I think he's fibbing. Certainly, "his" "opinion" is a carbon copy of each and every "guru" report out there on Nance, which suggests that, even if he did watch Nance, he did not get "his" "opinion" from watching...

"I respect the fact that you (LaDarius) think "Nance does not adjust well to the ball. He does well if the ball is right to him " but this seems to contradict the quote from Ben implying Nance adjusted well, has soft hands and BR couldn't believe some of the one-handed catches."

Ah, the "greater guru" parroting theory for all to see.  Dismiss what the Steelers did Draft weekend and stick with the quote, because words after the fact speak louder than actions...

709849[/snapback]

Hey, you know what parrots do, they say the same fvcking thing again and again and again, and it might seem like it at times, but you're not really talking to them. They just eat what you give them and s#it all over the place.

"greater guru" parroting theory... give me a fvcking break, you self-important moron. What the fvck is "parroting" about asking why you have a more astute opinion about Nance then Ben Rolisburger (who, by the way, did not make any draft choices for the Steelers).

For the third time I've politely asked you to join the grown-up table and explain your point, and you've responded with what I'm sure you find to be some awful insult (I'm allowing others to see that I ascribe to your acid-trip "parroting theory" by asking you what the fvck you're talking about).

***Deep breath***

*Note to all:*

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty...and the pig likes it.

So on a different note, my wife and I are about to have our first baby. I have a fair amount of generalized anxiety. I think in a weird way it's been kind of therapeutic to get frustrated at something.

It took me a long time to come around from thinking maybe LaDarius was young and / or dense and not very sociable, to being convinced that the motivation here is to purposely piss off others (why, I have no idea). I resent that.

So on a different note, my wife and I are about to have our first baby.  I have a fair amount of generalized anxiety.  I think in a weird way it's been kind of therapeutic to get frustrated at something.

It took me a long time to come around from thinking maybe LaDarius was young and / or dense and not very sociable, to being convinced that the motivation here is to purposely piss off others (why, I have no idea).  I resent that.

709908[/snapback]

Congrats!!! Sleepless nights ahead. :lol:

Personally I don't think he is trying to piss others off. I've met (am related to unfortunately) others in my life who act/react in a similar way to LD. I'm pretty sure he is convinced of the importance of the message he is giving us.

*This is bad form, talking about someone publicly but....hey, I never said I was perfect either :lol: *

I liked your line about the pig....what a crack up. :doh:

Good luck with the future baby.

I am just using the only stats we have and made no effort at all to claim that they were directly comparable.  The point was that neither Price nor Reed are anything special at this point and their stats certainly show just that.  The point being that Nance making this roster is not as impossible as the post to which I was replying indicated.

I haven't seen Nance play in the pros but I have seen the other two play.  Lets see what he can do and if he outplays the guys ahead of him, I don't care who they are, he should make the roster.  Radical position, I know but I'm sticking to it. :doh:

708442[/snapback]

I don't know about Nance, but right now, Reed is the odd man out. There is too much other potential out there to be wedded to a paticular #3 or 4 receiver.

As to Ralph? He has no problem dropping the 2mill if the team improves. I;ve seen no move in the last 5 years that shows him as anything but generous. Though that is a myth, it seems to be sort of accepted thinking.

Remember he out and out gave Jim Kelly a million dollars. Here you go, thanks.

"give me a fvcking break, you self-important moron. What the fvck is "parroting" about asking why you have a more astute opinion about Nance then Ben Rolisburger(sic) (who, by the way, did not make any draft choices for the Steelers)."

and surely had ZERO influence on the Steeler player evaluations from the RedskinHawks. Cowher and the GM huddled together before the Draft...

Cowher: Do you think we should ask Ben about Nance, Nande, and the other RedskinHawk prospects?

GM: No, just have that moron out riding his bike on Draft Weekend. I do not want to hear a word from him... because I'm parroting a greater guru - Mel Kiper...

Cowher: Well, since he is our franchise QB for the next decade, you're right, we should completely ignore his observations about his former teammates. Why should we ask Ben when we can parrot Mel Kiper...

Hey, you know what parrots do, they say the same fvcking thing again and again and again, and it might seem like it at times, but you're not really talking to them.  They just eat what you give them and s#it all over the place.

"greater guru" parroting theory...  give me a fvcking break, you self-important moron.  What the fvck is "parroting" about asking why you have a more astute opinion about Nance then Ben Rolisburger (who, by the way, did not make any draft choices for the Steelers).

For the third time I've politely asked you to join the grown-up table and explain your point, and you've responded with what I'm sure you find to be some awful insult (I'm allowing others to see that I ascribe to your acid-trip "parroting theory" by asking you what the fvck you're talking about). 

***Deep breath***

*Note to all:*

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty...and the pig likes it.

So on a different note, my wife and I are about to have our first baby.  I have a fair amount of generalized anxiety.  I think in a weird way it's been kind of therapeutic to get frustrated at something.

It took me a long time to come around from thinking maybe LaDarius was young and / or dense and not very sociable, to being convinced that the motivation here is to purposely piss off others (why, I have no idea).  I resent that.

709908[/snapback]

You are exactly right. I sincerely hope that laDumbass is 13 years old, because if hes is actually the age of an adult, that person has some serious mental growing up to do.

Notice how if you use stats to back up an arguement, you are parroting, but if laDumbass uses them, he's "forming his own opinion".

I also wonder the mental state of this poster who thinks all these NFL GM's and coaches are morons, but he knows all. Notice how KzooMike has see nance play, and he's "lying" but ladumbass claims to have watched nance, and claims he is the only true source on martin nance. what a pathetic human being.

on a lighter note, congrats on baby coming! thats great news!

on a lighter note, congrats on baby coming! thats great news!

710004[/snapback]

We're "on watch" for the baby, with our hospital bags packed. The due date is a week away, and my wife has had contractions each of the last few days....

ladumbass claims to have watched nance, and claims he is the only true source on martin nance. what a pathetic human being.
I could even probably deal with chatting to someone so egotistical they thought they were the only ones who could see a fatal flaw in Nance's play, so long as they had reasons for holding such a view they could articulate. If LaDarius had said Nance wasn't good at looking for the ball or coming back to the QB, and had a ridiculously high number of passes right to his hands, dropped passes, and/or lucky bounces, it might have meant something to me.

Instead, we've all been treated to incessant commentary about height, and softheaded insults. What I'd really like to know is how Nance compares to our other receivers. I suspect he'll do better than most of them since he's taller :P