post here if you are glad we lost at soccer

jester43

question...why do all teams not have a HUGE 7' forward up front for headers?

709045[/snapback]

Because they all play for the NBA :devil:

Depends on the style, you could have a tall guy in the front but if you don't have the wingers to cross it in it will be useless.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.....I missed that

I'm not really in favor or against the English team, but I'm glad that Rooney saw some time today. He'll probably sit out next game, but if he's healthy he'll be a huge factor beyond the first round. I've seen him play more in the past six months than I ever had before, and the guy has some serious game. With Beckham serving it up from outside, and Rooney making things happen by himself, they are going to be hard to beat.

709075[/snapback]

I hope Rooney gets his legs clipped in the next game.

Screw the Brits :lol:

For now, I must focus all my energy on Italy - USA :devil:

Kickball is too complicated for tall people.

709070[/snapback]

aren't the rules of kickball basically like baseball but you kick the ball instead of hitting it with a bat? if kickball is the lowest form of sport in your mind, can baseball be more than a notch above? do you post antagonistic statements in all the baseball threads about how it resembles lowly kickball?

i liked when rick reilly went to a baseball game with a stopwatch:

Time of this A's-Yankees game: 3 hours, 15 minutes.

Time the baseball was actually in play, including pitches, batted balls, foul balls, pickoff attempts, relays, throws to bases and anything else even Bob Costas might consider actual sporting activity (and I was being generous with the stopwatch): 12 minutes, 22 seconds.

aren't the rules of kickball basically like baseball but you kick the ball instead of hitting it with a bat?  if kickball is the lowest form of sport in your mind, can baseball be more than a notch above?  do you post antagonistic statements in all the baseball threads about how it resembles lowly kickball?

Time the baseball was actually in play, including pitches, batted balls, foul balls, pickoff attempts, relays, throws to bases and anything else even Bob Costas might consider actual sporting activity (and I was being generous with the stopwatch): 12 minutes, 22 seconds.

709276[/snapback]

I don't think he watches baseball because if he does and could actually bash soccer, I'm gonna fly to Anchorage and kick his ass :devil:

709276[/snapback]

:lol::devil:

aren't the rules of kickball basically like baseball but you kick the ball instead of hitting it with a bat?  if kickball is the lowest form of sport in your mind, can baseball be more than a notch above?  do you post antagonistic statements in all the baseball threads about how it resembles lowly kickball?

709276[/snapback]

Bases-ball... the game where dudes literally stand around in a field scratching thier package...

do you post antagonistic statements in all the baseball threads about how it resembles lowly kickball?

709276[/snapback]

Nah. I grew up in a family with baseball players. Played alot when I was a kid. Was a big fan until the strike but now only see an inning or two here and there until the postseason (and not much more then). I can't get past the imbalance of the sport or the amount of time it takes to play it in today's era. Like kickball, it's a fun game to play but difficult to watch.

As I said before, I don't have a problem with kickball - only elitist kickball fans who actually think their sport is hard to understand or that it's OK to act like a complete fuggin' moron because of it. Killing someone or heading to the stadium with bags of your own piss to toss at other people over a backyard game? Yeah.

That the best you could come up with in the last couple of hours?  :doh:

It certainly explains why you became a soccer fan - because the kids playing sports that their dad's would actually watch would kick your ass for being so lame.  Now get in the mini-van so your mom can drive you to kickball practice.

709229[/snapback]

...eagerly waiting a reply so you could add to your 22 thousand posts? Sad blog by the way. Sad stories. Corvettes...haha. I bet you work in a cubicle too.

PS. I grew up playing hockey, and I'm fairly certain I could skate circles around you.

...eagerly waiting a reply so you could add to your 22 thousand posts?

Yeah, had a hard time sleeping because you're just so damn important to me.

Sad blog by the way. Sad stories. Corvettes...haha. I bet you work in a cubicle too.

At some point you're going to realize I don't care what you (or most other people for that matter) think. Popularity contests ended for me in junior high, just like most successful people's kickball careers.

PS. I grew up playing hockey, and I'm fairly certain I could skate circles around you.

709563[/snapback]

Tell yourself whatever you need to to get by, man.

Oh, and thanks for adding to your already lame repertoire.

Bases-ball... the game where dudes literally stand around in a field scratching thier package...

You have got to be kidding me? Baseball is about anticipation and reacting. Is the pitcher throwing off-speed stuff, is the SS and the defense adjusting accordingly, where is the ball most likely to be hit, anticipate, react and make the play. I'd like to see any kickball players even attempt anything as difficult as baseball.

You have got to be kidding me?  Baseball is about anticipation and reacting.  Is the pitcher throwing off-speed stuff, is the SS and the defense adjusting accordingly, where is the ball most likely to be hit, anticipate, react and make the play.  I'd like to see any kickball players even attempt anything as difficult as baseball.

709731[/snapback]

Tough to hold a Louisville Slugger with your feet.

You have got to be kidding me?  Baseball is about anticipation and reacting.  Is the pitcher throwing off-speed stuff, is the SS and the defense adjusting accordingly, where is the ball most likely to be hit, anticipate, react and make the play.  I'd like to see any kickball players even attempt anything as difficult as baseball.

709731[/snapback]

Well I'd like to see the opposite but most of the baseball players would die out from exhaustion.

4 miles in 90 minutes is a rough approximation of how far a soccer player will run during a match..

I have read that us  referees average about  5 miles...

709798[/snapback]

Ah, I never saw it that way. But, truth be told, the only guys that really run are the midfielders. The defence stays back most of the time and the strykers just wait for a ball to come into their vicinity.

709731[/snapback]

To be honest, I don't like watching baseball, but my point was that people find different sports uninteresting. I think Bases-ball sucks, you and AD think kickball (by the way, that is pretty damn funny right there) is boring. Different strokes for different folks I guess...

And it makes me happy that most north american's don't get soccer. I grew up playing hockey and soccer. I love playing both sports. But I can not sit through a hockey game sorry. But I love watching soccer. To each their own.

There is a certain beauty to a soccer game (hence "the beautiful game") the closest that I have seen to this is hockey when the russions with the green line played (before the russians played in the NHL - Makarov, Krutov, Larrionoff (sorry for the hack job on spellings)

It makes me laugh how people come on a soccer thread and get pissed because soccer is being rammed down their throats?  I don't like cricket, but as I was travelling to India - the India and Pakistan cricket matches were on, and I must admit, I was getting caught up in. It's huge over their, fans go crazy and it was great.

I travel alot to England and you hear the same thing from English fans about American sports. NFL players are pu$$ies, because they can't play offence and defence, why do they need to break every 30 seconds, why do they need equipment and helmets when rugby players don't. Why do cricket players play without gloves, etc.!

It just comes down to a lack of understanding of the other person's game and a mentality that what we do is superior to what the other person does. It's a human condition. Rather than trying to embrace it or at least learn and understand about it, people put it down.

The World Cup is a pretty big thing here in Canada - maybe it's the multicultural aspect. I don't know, but I love going to a pub and seeing polish fans one one side and german fans on the other and having a great time. Plus, the waitress in soccer uniforms with tight shorts and soccer socks is ultra sexy!

PS. I don't like Nascar, baseball, etc. I just don't open those threads. No interest to me. Life goes on.

708830[/snapback]

dude. rugby rugby rugby rugby. i hate to sound like a broken record, but that is the sport that deserves the attention soccer gets. i just got up at 3:30 am to watch the New Zealand All Blacks beat Ireland last night on a live internet stream and i was as happy as a pig in ****. It was great. I love the Bills till the day I die, but there are so many things about international rugby that are better than the NFL... it's just sad that most Americans don't know anything about it.

or, now that i think about it, maybe not.

dude.  rugby rugby rugby rugby.  i hate to sound like a broken record, but that is the sport that deserves the attention soccer gets.  i just got up at 3:30 am to watch the New Zealand All Blacks beat Ireland last night on a live internet stream and i was as happy as a pig in ****.  It was great.  I love the Bills till the day I die, but there are so many things about international rugby that are better than the NFL... it's just sad that most Americans don't know anythingf about it.

710143[/snapback]

That's how I feel about Aussie Rules Football.....it's been a while since I've seen a match, but I used to LOVE when that stuff would come on ESPN. To me, that game just has it all.....