*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

:P

They awarded a penalty kick on that.

712306[/snapback]

Unreal.....that pretty much sealed our fate, most likely. I just can't see us putting two in the net in one half, but I'm trying not to give up yet. friggin refs....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreal.....that pretty much sealed our fate, most likely. I just can't see us putting two in the net in one half, but I'm trying not to give up yet. friggin refs....

712309[/snapback]

Hey, it could happen...the refs could award the US penalty kicks of their own... :P:):lol:

I almost got through typing that with a straight face, too... :D

That call was unbelievable. I've been fouled worse than that sitting at my desk at work...

This US team is pathetic. Forget the overall lack of effort, they're not even following the basic fundamentals of the game. Somebody needs to be far post on those crosses, the crosses themselves need to go far post and there should always be an atttacker following up. You learn this sh-- in youth soccer for crying out loud.

They finally did all of these once and look what happened...they scored. :P

Anyway....the refs are going to ruin this world cup for all the teams and the fans. I don't know whether to blame fifa for telling them to crack down or the refs for taking them too literally, but it sucks.

Hey, it could happen...the refs could award the US penalty kicks of their own...  :)  :lol:  :D

I almost got through typing that with a straight face, too...  :lol:

That call was unbelievable.  I've been fouled worse than that sitting at my desk at work...

712312[/snapback]

:lol: No doubt.....The refs are pussifying this game big time....I can't believe this is the approach that FIFA has them taking....there is SUPPOSED to be a physical aspect to this game, and they're ruining it by not allowing it to take its course. Oh well.....at least as Bills fans we're already accustomed to this sort of thing :P

This US team is pathetic. Forget the overall lack of effort, they're not even following the basic fundamentals of the game. Somebody needs to be far post on those crosses, the crosses themselves need to go far post and there should always be an atttacker following up. You learn this sh-- in youth soccer for crying out loud.

Anyway....the refs are going to ruin this world cup for all the teams and the fans.  I don't know whether to blame fifa for telling them to crack down or the refs for taking them too literally, but it sucks.

712313[/snapback]

All true. This US team is so bad, I'm almost rooting for them NOT to advance, so I don't have to watch them embarras themselves in the next round...

Anyway....the refs are going to ruin this world cup for all the teams and the fans.  I don't know whether to blame fifa for telling them to crack down or the refs for taking them too literally, but it sucks.

712313[/snapback]

Yep, and it doesn't help when Reyna is doing his best soccer impression of Eddie Robinson :)

somebody explain the award of that penalty kick.

What was the foul? :P

712323[/snapback]

A push. In theory. In any other part of the field, he's just going for the ball...

I hasten to add, too, in the midst of all my bitching about officiating...if the calls were even and sensible, the US would still suck.

this proves once again, how much every nation hates the US

I tell you........this is the reason I dont watch soccer......they lay out there taking the time off the clock, which never stops running.....which is a dumbass rule.......

atleast with REAL football, the clock stops for dumbass fake people