McLaughlin Monday

OGTEleven

VA is WRONG!!! as usual.  It's primarily that "Zoid" just sounds cool in any cirumstance.  It can be used as a swear word, a hip word (like groovy) a word denoting suprise or shock, a word indicating fatigue or many other emotions.  Helix sounds like a carnival ride which is cool, but not cool enough.

703359[/snapback]

My answer was a jovial reply. In fact I was the one who answered trapezoid correctly to begin with, so whatever conclusion I came up with to get it right for me, works.

Now where is that FU smilie. :P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the answers:

1. Albert Pujols

2. Trapezoid

3. Kevin Everett. If he is a pleasant surprise it will mean a lot of things have opened up for the Bills offense

4. "Boom Like That" by Mark Knopfler about Ray Kroc

5. An appearance by Martina McBride is always the right answer.

Here are the answers:

1. Albert Pujols

2. Trapezoid

3. Kevin Everett.  If he is a pleasant surprise it will mean a lot of things have opened up for the Bills offense

703363[/snapback]

Thanks, its been awhile. good fun. :P

VA is WRONG!!! as usual.  It's primarily that "Zoid" just sounds cool in any cirumstance.  It can be used as a swear word, a hip word (like groovy) a word denoting suprise or shock, a word indicating fatigue or many other emotions.  Helix sounds like a carnival ride which is cool, but not cool enough.

703359[/snapback]

So we're letting the same crowd that lets the waistband of their undewear show determine the hipness of our geometric shapes? What have we become?

So we're letting the same crowd that lets the waistband of their undewear show determine the hipness of our geometric shapes?  What have we become?

703371[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, I suppose a shape that evokes memories of a bad '80's Canadian heavy metal band says "cool" to some, but not me... :P

...and my pants cover my underwear, thank you very much.

Here are the answers:

1. Albert Pujols

2. Trapezoid

3. Kevin Everett.  If he is a pleasant surprise it will mean a lot of things have opened up for the Bills offense

703363[/snapback]

I'm O for McLaughlin Monday.

But I still contend that the Rhombus is a noble, and often misunderstood shape.

Oh, yeah, I suppose a shape that evokes memories of a bad '80's Canadian heavy metal band says "cool" to some, but not me... :)

703372[/snapback]

Wow. I think I had that record. Didn't they do a song called "White Lace, Black Leather"? Still, if I recall, they were so bad they were good...making them retro-cool. 'Zoid sounds like a techno band.

As for how you wear your BVDs, I'm just glad there's more than one layer of fabric between us and your twig and berries, mate. :P

So we're letting the same crowd that lets the waistband of their undewear show determine the hipness of our geometric shapes?  What have we become?

703371[/snapback]

I'll have you know sir that I am the only arbiter of cool in this survey. Zoid is indeed cool herein. All also let it be known that I have no waistband showing as I am proudly going commando.

I'll have you know sir that I am the only arbiter of cool in this survey.  Zoid is indeed cool herein.  All also let it be known that I have no waistband showing as I am proudly going commando.

703386[/snapback]

McLaughlin FREEBALLS, TO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!!!! :):):P

Oh, yeah, I suppose a shape that evokes memories of a bad '80's Canadian heavy metal band says "cool" to some, but not me... :)

703372[/snapback]

Bingo.

Helix: No rest for the wicked

The remastered CD is going for 22 bucks.

One of the hardest working acts in rock's multi-hued history, Canadian five-piece Helix pretty much spent their major label years out on the road, showing that the tour-album-tour routine could indeed be made to work. With the line-up changing on an almost hourly basis, the Kitchener outfit left no stone unturned and no headliner unsupported in their quest for global glory. Along the way, they successfully fashioned some of the finest high-energy hard rock of the time - we're talkin' early-to-mid '80s here. Remember, this is a band who could have had Michael J. Fox as their bassist (he auditioned for them early on), and who were once on the same bill as Jim Carrey headlining! This album, of their many, is generally considered their best. The finest outing in a career that continues to this day.

I know I have a vinyl copy of this somewhere, and I can pretty much guarantee that it's in mint (ie, played less than once :P ) condition.

I'll start the bidding at $50. We're talking mint condition vinyl people. These guys played with Michael J Fox and opened up for Jim Carrey! Own this piece of rock and roll history.

Bingo.

Helix: No rest for the wicked

The remastered CD is going for 22 bucks.

I know I have a vinyl copy of this somewhere, and I can pretty much guarantee that it's in mint (ie, played less than once  :P ) condition.

I'll start the bidding at $50.  We're talking mint condition vinyl people.  These guys played with Michael J Fox and opened up for Jim Carrey!  Own this piece of rock and roll history.

703397[/snapback]

Couldn't find "White Lace Black Leather" but here's some "Heavy Metal Love"

Now excuse me, I have a YA meeting to attend...

Ahh, Zoid, used to work with Jim Richer while he was singing with them, they were a fun Syracuse Hair band

...Bloodline keyboardist Lou Secreti composed a theme song which has been accepted for use with a Fox-TV network soap opera called Forever. Former Zoid lead singer Jim Richer appears on the television drama.