Timmy Connolly 80% chance to play tonight

As a defenseman?

701532[/snapback]

I see your point. Yet, there are a few things that it would bring and negate the point you made.

1. Motivational. You saw the effect that Teppo had on the bench, even if he played under 5 minutes.

2. Offense. Sometimes your best defense is your best offense. It is always good to get back your leading scorer. The Sabres might not need to totally shut the door on defense... And that takes pressure of the rooks.

I'd understand a report that Connolly might play tonight, but where did they pull they 80% from?

Bizarre.

No, this doesn't help our defense but it'd be huge for our powerplay. We're a way better team with Connolly.

That said, this is a little hard to believe.

McKee out and Connolly in?

Good God... this should be a crazy game. Let's just hope we can keep the puck in there end today.

What's the vibe been like up there? I bet people are going nuts with the Sabres playing this well. (Especially with this gritty style of play.)

Prior to game 6, Teppo said there was an 80% chance he'd play.  Hopefully Connolly's 80% is better than Teppo's was.

701538[/snapback]

The rumor on Connolly was that he was OK but mentally he wasn't ready to go back in a game (could you blame him?). If that rumor was true, this wouldn't be far fetched.

The rumor on Connolly was that he was OK but mentally he wasn't ready to go back in a game (could you blame him?).  If that rumor was true, this wouldn't be far fetched.

701541[/snapback]

I thought that he wasn't even traveling with the team due to the problems associated with air travel and post-concussion syndrome.

I see your point.  Yet, there are a few things that it would bring and negate the point you made.

1. Motivational.  You saw the effect that Teppo had on the bench, even if he played under 5 minutes.

701534[/snapback]

Just like having Jagr on the bench helped the Rangers? :(

These men are professional athletes. If they need him on the bench to motivate them, then there are some serious problems.

2. Offense.  Sometimes your best defense is your best offense.  It is always good to get back your leading scorer.  The Sabres might not need to totally shut the door on defense... And that takes pressure of the rooks.

701534[/snapback]

Except, in hockey, if you can't make the transition from defense to offense, it doesn't matter WHO you have in the line.

Sabres have been getting progressively worse in their transition game and center ice play, the more defenders they've lost. I'm looking forward to Connolly being back...but who's going to feed him the puck? Jillson? Paetsch? :(

Except, in hockey, if you can't make the transition from defense to offense, it doesn't matter WHO you have in the line.

Sabres have been getting progressively worse in their transition game and center ice play, the more defenders they've lost.  I'm looking forward to Connolly being back...but who's going to feed him the puck?  Jillson?  Paetsch?  :(

701563[/snapback]

Shhhhhh... You were not suppose to say that.

Think positive!

:lol: