Nance could become our

Then you are claiming that YOU have an "opinion" of a player that you have NEVER SEEN based solely on... that's right, PARROTING. 

706666[/snapback]

I have never seen Nance play at all but if everyone I ever come across(including experts)(or you) tell me he is crap then I will form a 'qualified' opinion that he is crap.

The key word is qualified....but still an 'opinion'

The only people to give definitive opinions about Nance on this thread are you and KzooMike. Both of you have seen him first hand & as it happens, Kzoo qualified his statements by saying that he never said he thought Nance would be a star, just a possible decent role-player.

Why do you bother telling us your views? If we take them on board as valid points we are just parroting.

Similar....why do you bother reading others views? By your criteria, the only good opinion is one based on ones own physical observations.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I will make qualified opinions(parroting) based on all of the information I can get. Personally I would rather use others expert opinions in areas such as offensive line technique over my own because I am not knowledgeable enough to notice those intricacies when I watch a game.

Oh...you must be kidding if you expect people to "attribute that opinion to the author" when they have garnered their opinion from many, many sources(including physical observation).

In the end, if the opinion put forward is a well thought out, valid & realistic opinion, it does not matter where it originated from.

A cynic might think that you were just using diversionary tactics in calling others parrots because you were losing your arguments. Not me though. ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Frankly, if you have first-hand observations or access to other data about Nance"

That was precisely what started it. I came in with first hand observations of Nance, and the Disease insisted that no "non-guru" can have an "opinion" that conflicts with the PARROTING inside his BEAKED BIRDBRAIN.

"I have never seen Nance play at all but if everyone I ever come across(including experts)(or you) tell me he is crap then I will form a 'qualified' opinion that he is crap. "

Ah - the Goebbels' standard - if your BIRDBRAIN hears the same thing over and over, you become more "sure" that it should be "your" "opinion"...

You must really be sure of Global Warming...

"Why do you bother telling us your views?"

Well, at least I have views that are mine...

Let's try a new tactic, something now clearly proven.

In 2004, the Jags made Reggie Williams the #9 overall pick in the NFL Draft. Since then, it has become crystal clear that Reggie has great difficulty achieving separation. Can any of you find a report on Reggie Williams that questioned his ability to separate?

The truth is that every single Draft site raved about Reggie's ability to separate, except one that called it correctly, a "lesser guru" to be sure...

Thanks Dibs.  You've succeeded in turning LD's idiotic "parrotting" mantra back on him. ;)

706557[/snapback]

Why carry on a conversion with an individual exhibiting boarderline psychosis? For him to make this the big issue he has out of nothing is proof enough of his mental instability Or else he's possesses the mind of a know-it-all 16 year old; pretty much an equality.

LOL!!!

PARROTS are so sure of their PARROTING that anyone who questions their PARROTING is a mental case - got that?

Anyone who claims to have seen Martin Nance drop balls at Miami OH is a "borderline psychosis" because Nance had 81 catches and hence could not possibly have had any drops according to someone who NEVER SAW NANCE PLAY A DOWN OF FOOTBALL.

Goebbels would be so proud of you, AJ...

guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain guru parrot birdbrain  :lol:

706635[/snapback]

Awwwrrrakkkk!!!

Can I quote you on that? ;)

Okay LD, let's make this simple.  Since you think Nance is a worthless POS, If Nance makes the team, you write a post saying you were wrong and what a moron you are.  If he doesn't make the team, I'll do the same.  Game?

706714[/snapback]

"Coach knows best" is the standard, eh, Disease?

I thought Bennie Anderson was a "worthless POS" last year, but "ooach knows best" kept starting him. I thought Wilford was worthless - good kid who tries hard, but not worth the effort. The Jag coach gives Wilford the opportunity, and Wilford led the NFL in drops by a wide margin and got blanked in his final game, the most important one, the first Jag playoff game since Tom Coughlin.

It would be nice if Nance could start an entire preseason game, but that won't happen. Needless to say, my "review" of Nance says he doesn't adjust well to the ball and drops balls. So, after everyone here has watched Nance in preseason, whether he gets cut or not, we can have it that way - a Stadium Wall thread with that question:

Now that you've seen Martin Nance play, do you agree with LaDairis that Nance does not "adjust to the ball" well, has lousy hands, and needs a throw right to him to make a play?

I prefer that to "coach knows best" even with a new coach...

The difference with Wilford and Anderson versus Nance is that the Bills didn't burn a draft pick on him and/or spend big bucks on him. If he's as worthless as you think he'll be, they'll have NO problem cutting him since it isn't a blow to their egos.

And I think the coaches are smart enough to know if he can't adjust to the ball well and drops easy passes. ;)

"And I think the coaches are smart enough to know if he can't adjust to the ball well and drops easy passes"

LOL!!!

And "coach knows best" must be true...

You might have thought that the coaches could have figured out that Bennie Anderson was a liability, because they should have "known best" on that one too...

As for Jauron's ability to assess WRs, hopefully it will be better than Jack Del Rio's...

Why carry on a conversion with an individual  exhibiting boarderline psychosis?  For him to make this the big issue he has out of nothing is proof enough of his mental instability  Or else he's possesses the mind of a know-it-all 16 year old; pretty much an equality.

706695[/snapback]

Good point.

I was having fun for a bit there but now it all just seems a little sad.

I prefer my test - a thread for everyone who paid attention. I have a much lower opinion of NFL head coaches than you. In fact, I think many NFL head coaches, GMs, and the like are just flat out morons.

Regardless, it surely will be an issue this preseason, and it is not exactly like I haven't made my take on the subject.

Geisinger and Eric King were two who I liked last year and posted so right after last year's Draft. While Justin never saw the field because of your wonderful "coach knows best" philosophy of parroting, King clearly was an excellent steal in round 5. Wasn't it just great that Bennie started ahead of Justin the whole year last year? That provided

1) shi##y play at OLG the whole year

2) didn't develop any young talent still on the roster now

3) a final dollop of unamortized cap hit from Bennie's contract for 2006...

because "coach knows best" - right??

LOL!!

Then again, last year, my takes on King and Justin for you were another example of a "non-guru" expressing blasphemous opinions that conflicted with the "greater guru" parroting theory that creates "your" "opinions" of players you have never seen play a down. You "know" Geisinger is not good because he did not play last year, and "coach knows best" is your "proof..."

Wow, a whole TWO players, one of whom didn't even play? Impressive!

And FYI, I was high on Geisinger. Reports were that despite being a college OT, he was the prototypical OG and would be a good one in time. I didn't expect much from him last year but DID expect something from him this year. But with the release of Anderson and the signing of Reyes, it sounds like he's still no there yet. So there's hope for you to be 100% on these whole TWO players.

Any others, from THIS year's draft?

"I was high on Geisinger. Reports were"

There you go again with another opinion on a player you had NEVER SEEN play a DOWN of football. "Your" "opinion" on Justin is best described as

BAWK!!!

My BIRDBRAIN read something, so that became "my" "opinion..."

"it sounds like he's still no there yet"

LOL!!!

Nothing like some substantive parroting to form one's "own" opinion...

The Eric King call was dead-on right. King was clearly better than a lot of corners taken ahead of him, and King was projected to go undrafted by the "gurus," which explains why "you" did not have a high "opinion" of yet another player you had never seen play a down at the time.

Some form opinions of players by watching.

Others form "their" "opinions" by appropriating the opinions they read...

As for this year, Whitner is a good SS prospect but not a TOP 10 caliber one. Ko Simpson is just about as good a FS prospect as Whitner is a SS. McCargo was a huge reach and not a First Round caliber talent, but I already posted that, and your BEAKED BIRDBRAIN "disproved" that by parroting mock drafts.

Youboty is not an elite "Clements" caliber corner prospect. Third Round was about right if not too high.

Kyle Williams is not far behind McCargo in talent and was a good pick in round 5. Brad Butler isn't going to cut it at OT in the NFL - not a good enough athlete. Keith Ellison is not an NFL caliber OLB prospect and should have gone undrafted. Ellison is slow and not a quality tackler - misses tackles too often. Pennington is just a huge guy with some athleticism but very green with poor technique and isn't quick off the snap. Merz is not bad for Round 7 but has injury issues and is not an elite athlete.

Had enough??

LOL!!!

BAWK ON about more players you've never seen play a down...