I'm actually glad Kerry is so hard to pin down.

If he gets elected, No one can ever accuse him of breaking a campaign promise, for the simple fact he hasn't promised anything.

You can look at it in two ways:

1 - You don't know what you're getting for the simple fact he isn't saying exactly what he's going to do. The fear of the great unknown.

2 - He isn't predicting what he will do, because he has the foresight to realize that situations can drastically change between now and then.

Either way you look at it, it's actually very refreshing to see someone with the knowledge of flexibility.

RCP picked up on this last night:

KERRY: Well, you know, when I talked about the $87 billion, I made a mistake in how I talk about the war. But the president made a mistake in invading Iraq. Which is worse?

I believe that when you know something's going wrong, you make it right. That's what I learned in Vietnam. When I came back from that war I saw that it was wrong. Some people don't like the fact that I stood up to say no, but I did. And that's what I did with that vote. And I'm going to lead those troops to victory.

LEHRER: All right, new question. Two minutes, Senator Kerry.

Speaking of Vietnam, you spoke to Congress in 1971, after you came back from Vietnam, and you said, quote, "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

LEHRER: Are Americans now dying in Iraq for a mistake?

KERRY: No, and they don't have to, providing we have the leadership that we put -- that I'm offering

The faces may change but the lies remain the same. I'm going to put more cops on the streets, more fire fighters, a bigger army, more money for cancer research... etc, etc. And all while they manage to pay off the national debt. It's all nonsense and I can't believe people buy into it. What was even more comical was how Kerry said he was going to talk nations into helping us out with Iraq. Yeah, I see France jumping at the chance to work with us side by side.