Apparently, not the smartest guys in the room

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...it was truly not in the same class as your impressive finance-hat size non sequiter.

699842[/snapback]

You are either clueless or blinded by your arrogance or both. I happen to know a genius working on String Theory and he would never come to the political discussion section of a football message board to proclaim his genius. That’s just plain stupid!

You are either clueless or blinded by your arrogance or both.   I happen to know a genius working on String Theory and he would never come to the political discussion section of a football message board to proclaim his genius.   That’s just plain stupid!

699888[/snapback]

Funny. I happen to have worked on string theories, myself, when I was a physicist. Small world.

Out of Santa Barbara?  Not personally, but I've read some of his work.  Have his books on my bookshelf, even though I've been out of physics for some years now.

699928[/snapback]

Yes, I personally know Joe and he is the nicest, most humble down to earth person you’ll ever have the pleasure to meet and he would NEVER look down at people who have less of an intellect than he.

I don’t know you CTM but if what you say is true about working on string theory then it’s obvious that you’re academically gifted. It is not your academic intellect that I question. I question your social acuity and emotional intelligence.

Yes, I personally know Joe and he is the nicest, most humble down to earth person you’ll ever have the pleasure to meet and he would NEVER look down at people who have less of an intellect than he. 

I don’t know you CTM but if what you say is true about working on string theory then it’s obvious that you’re academically gifted.  It is not your academic intellect that I question.  I question your social acuity and emotional intelligence.

700305[/snapback]

Much like how I question your ability to recognize a glib remark shared between people who actually do know each other. Note that the people to whom my comment was actually directed brushed it off...but someone who doesn't know me and wasn't involved is the only one to take offense.

Says more about your emotional maturity than it does mine, frankly. :o

Much like how I question your ability to recognize a glib remark shared between people who actually do know each other.  Note that the people to whom my comment was actually directed brushed it off...but someone who doesn't know me and wasn't involved is the only one to take offense. 

Says more about your emotional maturity than it does mine, frankly.  :o

700335[/snapback]

There were many people who worked for and invested in Enron who were hurt by the crimes of those men and lost everything they had because they trusted and believed in Enron and its heads. For you to heartlessly and cruelly brush them off as idiots shows the trait of a socially inept detached personality.

The people who you think are brushing off your attacks and insults are actually purposely not “getting into it "with you in order to avoid further bullying by you.

There were many people who worked for and invested in Enron who were hurt by the crimes of those men and lost everything they had because they trusted and believed in Enron and its heads.  For you to heartlessly and cruelly brush them off as idiots shows the trait of a socially inept detached personality. 

People who get involved in things they do not understand, get their asses kicked, and blame other people are, by definition, idiots. Anyone who invested in Enron without taking the time to read an annual report (which made it startlingly clear that the business plan was "play a shell game") should have been diversifying in mutual funds and protecting themselves from their ignorance, not buying high-flying stocks directly.

You see, in the real world, when people take actions, those actions have consequences. When people make decisions out of ignorance, those consequences are frequently bad. "Genius" isn't knowing everything, it's knowing what you're a total !@#$ing dumbass about.

The people who you think are brushing off your attacks and insults are actually purposely not “getting into it "with you in order to avoid further bullying by you.

700346[/snapback]

For example, you'd be a genius if you understood that these people and I have traded posts for years, and they understand my glib remarks. Instead, you don't know that you're a total !@#$ing dumbass about the established social interaction of long-time posters...which makes you an idiot. :o

People who get involved in things they do not understand, get their asses kicked, and blame other people are, by definition, idiots.  Anyone who invested in Enron without taking the time to read an annual report (which made it startlingly clear that the business plan was "play a shell game") should have been diversifying in mutual funds and protecting themselves from their ignorance, not buying high-flying stocks directly. 

You see, in the real world, when people take actions, those actions have consequences.  When people make decisions out of ignorance, those consequences are frequently bad.  "Genius" isn't knowing everything, it's knowing what you're a total !@#$ing dumbass about.

For example, you'd be a genius if you understood that these people and I have traded posts for years, and they understand my glib remarks.  Instead, you don't know that you're a total !@#$ing dumbass about the established social interaction of long-time posters...which makes you an idiot.  :o

700378[/snapback]

Believe me you don’t have to read years of posts to figure out what you’re about.