Now this is a DUI!

Doing some quick math, I'm thinking he was about a .90 - 1.10 on our scale. (legal limit being .08)

Reason I say that is that in our terms (BAC), .40 - .50% (half of one percent) is considered lethal for most. In their crazy measure, 3.5grams/litre is considered lethal.

Now, he blew twice that and then about an 1/8th MORE (of the LETHAL limit).

If he blew a .90 or worse, a 1.10 (meaning more than 1% of his entire bloodstream was PURE alcohol), his ability to keep that truck on the road is amazing.

I didn't just multiply 18 x .08 because first, that doesn't make good sense, and second, if he really blew a 1.44 he should be poured into a martini glass.

Grams per liter?  What kinda screwed up measure is that?  One is weight - the other is volume.  How many grams should a liter of blood weigh?

696797[/snapback]

Actually, it's a pretty common unit of measure for a solute. And makes more sense than a strict volume measure, since alcohol and water (what blood mostly is) mixed together have less volume than the liquids measured separately (i.e. if you have a cup of water and a cup of alcohol, and pour them together, you get slightly less than two cups of the mix). It actually makes more sense to talk about grams of alcohol in a liter of blood.

Grams per liter?  What kinda screwed up measure is that?  One is weight - the other is volume.  How many grams should a liter of blood weigh?

696797[/snapback]

g/l is a measure of concentration. There are many units and concepts to express such...molarity, molality, density, parts per million, and so on. For drunk driving issues, the figure is grams of ethanol per 100 ml of blood volume, or 210 liters of exhaled breath.

Weight per a specified volume is a common unit in science, links. :lol:

Don't let the North Carolinans read your headline/topic title... They might think you are from Buffalo and bragging about DUIs...

They might see 18x and equate that to our system of measuring...

And smokinandjokin... You are giving us all a bad name.

...Modesty, moderation, compassion and consideration... People!

;);):lol::):lol:;)