Bodies

mcjeff215

The "Bodies" exhibition is near where I work here in Atlanta, thinking of giving it a go.. has anyone gone to it? Thoughts?

690953[/snapback]

I just went yesterday. I thought it was pretty cool. If you're interested in human anatomy at all, I don't think you'll be disappointed. They do a really good job with all the displays. There is a lot to see. All kinds of full-size bodies, cross-sections showing how each system in the body works, individual organs and examples of the major diseases that affect the organs.

In my opinion, it was definitely worth the $20. Also, we went on a Sunday afternoon and were able to get right in with no wait.

The "Bodies" exhibition is near where I work here in Atlanta, thinking of giving it a go.. has anyone gone to it? Thoughts?

690953[/snapback]

A friend of mine who is a school teacher just went and she said it is very interesting. She brought her 9 year old son and he liked it but she said not to bring any kids younger than that. Apparently it is comprised of Asian cadavers that were "unclaimed" and therefore donated to science. I guess some of the bodies are posed in various positions such as throwing a baseball etc.. Sounds a bit gruesome (sp?) but I'm probably going to check it out soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from it - I recommend it if you can. Very interesting and very well done. Respectful, scientific - it has a very museum atmosphere and is very educational. Lots of kids ranging from newborn on up.

Well worth it!

I just went yesterday.  I thought it was pretty cool.  If you're interested in human anatomy at all, I don't think you'll be disappointed.  They do a really good job with all the displays.  There is a lot to see.  All kinds of full-size bodies, cross-sections showing how each system in the body works, individual organs and examples of the major diseases that affect the organs.

In my opinion, it was definitely worth the $20.  Also, we went on a Sunday afternoon and were able to get right in with no wait.

691370[/snapback]

Cooool. Wonder if it's coming out here?