Good bars to watch Sabres games in Rochester?

Anybody know of good bars for watching the Sabres games in Rochester. I have been mildly disappointed with the scenery and support when going out to watch games in Rochester, I must not be at the right places. I've had to go as far as to drive back to Buffalo on a couple occassions to soak it all in.

With that being said, anybody know of bars with good sabres crowds locally in Rochester?

Anybody know of good bars for watching the Sabres games in Rochester.  I have been mildly disappointed with the scenery and support when going out to watch games in Rochester, I must not be at the right places.  I've had to go as far as to drive back to Buffalo on a couple occassions to soak it all in.

With that being said, anybody know of bars with good sabres crowds locally in Rochester?

689268[/snapback]

Baird Road Pub in Fairport would probably be pretty good on a Thursday / weekend but is very quiet during the middle of the week.

Over on TSR some guys have posted that they go to Tully's and a couple of other places. If you checked on TSR, you could probably PM Briere48. He's from Rochester and tries to get people together on occasion.

Also, a PM to Inkman might be helpful as he is also from Rochester.

Anybody know of good bars for watching the Sabres games in Rochester.  I have been mildly disappointed with the scenery and support when going out to watch games in Rochester, I must not be at the right places.  I've had to go as far as to drive back to Buffalo on a couple occassions to soak it all in.

689268[/snapback]

back in the day when i frequented watering holes, i used to hang out at the Sportspage on Monroe Ave. It kind of a whole in the wall and all the chicks were well....more like larger farm animals, (not that most of us guys were a real prize either)...but it was a fun place to watch hockey.

i don't know what it is like now, but it also used to have really good food.

back in the day when i frequented watering holes, i used to hang out at the Sportspage on Monroe Ave.  It kind of a whole in the wall and all the chicks were well....more like larger farm animals, (not that most of us guys were a real prize either)...but it was a fun place to watch hockey.

689548[/snapback]

It hasn't really changed, especially the farm animals.

Baird Road Pub in Fairport would probably be pretty good on a Thursday / weekend but is very quiet during the middle of the week.

Over on TSR some guys have posted that they go to Tully's and a couple of other places.  If you checked on TSR, you could probably PM Briere48.  He's from Rochester and tries to get people together on occasion.

Also, a PM to Inkman might be helpful as he is also from Rochester.

689306[/snapback]

I was there last night, I think...so who won the game anyway? :w00t: Seven or eight of those 20 oz beers along with about 20 wings makes for an interesting morning. :doh:

back in the day when i frequented watering holes, i used to hang out at the Sportspage on Monroe Ave.  It kind of a whole in the wall and all the chicks were well....more like larger farm animals, (not that most of us guys were a real prize either)...but it was a fun place to watch hockey.

689548[/snapback]

Forgot about that one. The Sportspage should be a real good place to catch the game.

Have you tried the Distillery?

689529[/snapback]

I saw the game Thursday night there (was in Rochester on business). Decent pub food and reasonably priced beer. The crowd was very into the game and friendly. Overall, a good experience. I just wish they had won the game.

The only problem was that some of the waitresses were distracting me from watching the game... ;)

(definately NOT farm animals)