What do you think are chances 4 starting QB?

What % to you give each QB and why  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What % to you give each QB and why

• JP Losman - 40% Kelly Holcomb - 40% Craig Nall- 20% Craig Ochs- 0% Tory Woodbury- 0%
    • Other #s Ithink placed below

if this is what you are pursuing, i would advise you NOT to quit your day job.

690059[/snapback]

Actually it seem to be more of an effort to try to convince folks that something is a virtually certain fact when actually there is some interesting evidence that indicates the opposite may well turn out to be the case.

As a repetitive poster myself, I can say that sheer volume tends to alter the mindset of very few people and actually that pesky thing called reality (remember bacl to the repetitive posts that tried to demonstrate with dead lock certainty that a choice of Harrington was the one for the Bills to make- the bust that Harrington made is the only thing which makes the MW choice not the worst football move of that draft).

With my posts or others take the best and leave the rest if you choose to read them, but simply ignoring them is more than a reasonable strategy. I guess the oddest posts are those who waste even a little of their precious time to remark that lengthy or repetitive are a waste of time. As sad as my pre-ccoupation with the Bills is, the decision to waste time complaining about posters wasting time is bizarre.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

690100[/snapback]

Hiya.

To recap, H_A said...

....You know how many games Billy Joe Hobart played for the Bills?  Nine.  You know what his career passer rating was?  67.0  Losman's is 63.5.

Then I said...

......BEST COMPARISON....

C. Palmer....1st year DNP

JP Losman...1st year DNP(close enough to)

C.Palmer....2nd year...13 starts..............77.3 QBR...BUT

C.Palmer....2nd year...1st 8 starts...........66.3 QBR

JP Losman..2nd year...8 starts(9 games)..64.9 QBR

My points being...

To say BJH had a similar QBR to JP so therefore JP is crap is stupid.

I couldn't see where after I'd written this you had

... showed Losman's first nine games were worse than Palmer's first nine. 

so I assumed H_A was referring to my post.

Hiya.

To recap, H_A said...

Then I said...

My points being...

To say BJH had a similar QBR to JP so therefore JP is crap is stupid.

I couldn't see where after I'd written this you had  so I assumed H_A was referring to my post.

690126[/snapback]

O.k..... Holcomb's Arm was referring to a thread where I compared Palmer to Losman that was some time ago.

I think that this proves that although QB Rating is useful, I wouldn't ever want to rest a comparison on the basis of QB Rating, without also examining other metrics.... Palmer's rating suffered because of the INT's, but overall I think it is clear that any NFL Coach would rather have Palmer's performance in those games than Losman's.

JDG

O.k.....  Holcomb's Arm was referring to a thread where I compared Palmer to Losman  that was some time ago.

I think that this proves that although QB Rating is useful, I wouldn't ever want to rest a comparison on the basis of QB Rating, without also examining other metrics....  Palmer's rating suffered because of the INT's, but overall I think it is clear that any NFL Coach would rather have Palmer's performance in those games than Losman's.

As is often the case, you're right. If Palmer's throwing for 250 or 300 yards but a few interceptions, you can see he's a few plays away from being a very good quarterback. Over time those interceptions went away, and Palmer became the kind of quarterback the Bengals were hoping for. Brett Favre is another example of another guy who produced as a young QB, but who threw too many interceptions early in his career.

As is often the case, you're right.  If Palmer's throwing for 250 or 300 yards but a few interceptions, you can see he's a few plays away from being a very good quarterback.  Over time those interceptions went away, and Palmer became the kind of quarterback the Bengals were hoping for.  Brett Favre is another example of another guy who produced as a young QB, but who threw too many interceptions early in his career.

690385[/snapback]

Arm and JDG sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

you 2 are so cute together.

Why do you contradict yourself and your own opinions in the same thread just to bash someone? You say if a guy did nothing in college, and nothing in the pros, why be patient? Well, Nall did nothing in college, and frankly hasnt done much in the pros either. So why should be get so much more of a chance over losman? and dont give me that lame ass passer rating arguement. he's thrown what, 30 career passes? theres this little thing called statistical significance.

I agree Nall hasn't thrown enough passes to know for sure if he's the answer. But when given a chance--be it in the preseason, the regular season, or NFL Europe--he's shown well.

The counterargument is that Green Bay wasn't all that impressed with him, and that success in NFL Europe doesn't mean much. Well, maybe you should tell that to another guy Green Bay didn't want, who also succeeded in NFL Europe.

People compare Losman's situation to Eli Manning's. But the rookie Eli Manning gave Kurt Warner a run for his money in preseason. In contrast, Losman had an extra year to learn Mularkey's offense before going toe-to-toe with Holcomb. Despite this extra year, and despite the fact Holcomb isn't as good as Warner, Losman clearly, hands-down, got outplayed. If Losman can't handle the vanilla offense and vanilla defenses of preseason, how is he supposed to succeed during the regular season? Nall, at least, has done well during the preseason. For this and other reasons, Nall has given the coaching staff more of a reason to take a closer look than has Losman.