Reyes and Thomas base salaries

JoeF

Don't know what the signing bonuses are but here are the base salaries from nflpa.com

Reyes, Tutan

Salary History

2006 585,000.00

2007 1,000,000.00

Thomas, Anthony

Salary History

2006 585,000.00

Don't know what the signing bonuses are but here are the base salaries from nflpa.com

Reyes, Tutan

Salary History

2006 585000.00

2007 1000000.00

Thomas, Anthony

Salary History

2006 585000.00

683529[/snapback]

I cant read numbers without commas! :w00t::blink:

I cant read numbers without commas! :w00t:  :blink:

683534[/snapback]

Me either...I thought we were paying Reyes $58.5 million when I first looked at the site...he's an upgrade but over half the cap...jeesh...version with commas now posted.

Looks like the vet minimum for both guys in year-one.

683536[/snapback]

Exactly the vet minimum for players with their experience, based on what I read from a salary cap guru's site...

Reyes, Tutan

Salary History

2006 585,000.00

2007 1,000,000.00

Thomas, Anthony

Salary History

2006 585,000.00

683529[/snapback]

i am more concerned with how much Peerless Price is going to cost when he gets cut.

Good pick-ups for a good price. Anything is better than the line we had last year. Fowler is as good or better than Teague, and Reyes is a lot better than Mike Williams ever would have been at the guard spot. They get too years to prove they can cut it and if they don't they're out. Thomas is likely to stay because he is a solid back up RB.

Price won't cost us anything to release, because we aren't going to release him. He's due for a turnaround. He didn't play poorly in ATL. Vick would just rather run with the ball than throw it, because he CAN'T throw. I'm surprised ANYONE catches fifty or more passes from him in a season. Price will re-emerge in Buffalo where they need receivers. Stop the hate and give him a chance.

Go Sabres!!!

Fowler is as good or better than Teague

683698[/snapback]

Agreed. I like Fowler.

Reyes is a lot better than Mike Williams ever would have been at the guard spot. 

683698[/snapback]

I don't know about that. No matter what, one thing MW could do was driveblock. Reyes needs to show that he can be useful in the running game.

Thomas is likely to stay because he is a solid back up RB. 

683698[/snapback]

I bet Thomas gets cut if we signed either UDFA Mike Bell or Derrick Ross, two players we showed a lot of interest in pre-draft.

Price won't cost us anything to release, because we aren't going to release him.  He's due for a turnaround.  He didn't play poorly in ATL.  Vick would just rather run with the ball than throw it, because he CAN'T throw.  I'm surprised ANYONE catches fifty or more passes from him in a season.  Price will re-emerge in Buffalo where they need receivers.  Stop the hate and give him a chance.

683698[/snapback]

there is no hate involved with my post. just educated speculation.

Reyes blocked for Carolina's third string running back and Goings had a great year when Davis and Foster were out. Reyes can block. I live in NC and have to watch the Panters every week. Each and every one of their linemen was better than anyone of ours last year. Reyes is an upgrade, particularly for Mike Williams. Talk about the reach of Bills Draft History.

They decided on Thomas instead of Bell. Thomas is a proven back who just hasn't had a place to do much in the league since his two one-thousand yard + seasons with Chicago. He'll be fine and won't get cut.

They decided on Thomas instead of Bell.  Thomas is a proven back who just hasn't had a place to do much in the league since his two one-thousand yard + seasons with Chicago.  He'll be fine and won't get cut.

683960[/snapback]

Doesn't he have a broken neck or something?