What? Not another increase.

Perennial stamps

But, a sign of the times.

I used most of my stamps to pay bills. Now, I mostly do on-line (those I bother to pay).

Does the US postal need a makeover?

682545[/snapback]

I only use the post office to send packages and stuff now. They do a pretty good job with their priority mail and they're cheap too.

Everything else I do online.

I can see it though... They gotta be losing a ton of $... I hardly ever buy stamps or postage now that I pay online and bank there too...

Sign of the times... More $ in the pool, the more you can make benefits like sending a first class letter to Pt. Barrow, Ak or next door for $.39.

Same will happen here on the river too... Start charging tolls and user fees...

It is gonna hurt... The USPS does NOT really on any tax money... All revenue is from postage I take.

Again, sign of the times...

:P:lol:

I only use the post office to send packages and stuff now.  They do a pretty good job with their priority mail and they're cheap too.

Everything else I do online.

682556[/snapback]

Maybe it's just a peeve, but why not just say "45 cents" and be done with it?

Ever buy one stamp out of the machine? I've been in the post office many times where there was a string of one centers in the "change slot". I always pocket them, and save them for people I don't like.

Mailing a letter with 39 one cent stamps makes a statement.

How much money is totally wasted printing and not using one cent stamps?

Ever buy one stamp out of the machine? I've been in the post office many times where there was a string of one centers in the "change slot". I always pocket them, and save them for people I don't like.

682564[/snapback]

I mail letters for deckhands...Shhhh... :lol::lol: I love when they tape a penny to it... It surley has got to FUBAR their machines... :P:lol:

I agree... I send my kid to a Catholic school... They do it with tuition... Why not just raise everything a little more and eliminate the senseless nickle and diming.

682564[/snapback]

They're stupid.

They have become junk mail deliverers. I have no need for the post office. Certainally not saturday delivery. Cu back right there. Start raising rates on bulk mail distributers. I cant argue with 39 cent stamps. Honestly even 1.00 stamps is the best deal going. You can send somehting clear across the country for a dollar. Its a great deal. I personally usea bout 4 stamps a year. Usually for birthday cards. Maybe I have a mail in rebate. Thats about it.

682564[/snapback]

I don't think that is the case... Kinda like making pennies... I take they will sell them, or account for 'em.

Maybe it is the other way around... People buy one cent stamps and never use them... Hence they make money???

I still bought too many two cent stamps that will get lost forever and never see the light of day in a post office...

I always wondered this too.

IMO, I tend to believe the paper is inconsequential unless it is unsold in the drawer of a post office... There they can account for it.

??

I don't think that is the case... Kinda like making pennies... I take they will sell them, or account for 'em.

Maybe it is the other way around... People buy one cent stamps and never use them... Hence they make money???

I still bought too many two cent stamps that will get lost forever and never see the light of day in a post office...

I always wondered this too.

IMO, I tend to believe the paper is inconsequential unless it is unsold in the drawer of a post office... There they can account for it.

??

685265[/snapback]

How many people saved stamps as a kid and never used them ? Lots !!

How many people save $2 dollar bills - Lots !!

American Express (among others) built an empire on selling people traveler's

checks that were never cashed

You used to be able to return unused US postage to the government and get your money back but no more

All those pennies that people never redeem add up

Throw away that can lately ? - I made $16 this morning on recyclables by not being lazy - took the sting off a $42 fillup

My favorite is now FEDEX/Kinko's - you have to buy a card (which includes local sales tax) at their money matic machine - so for $1 - you get $1 in value. You get eleven copies at 9 cents a piece and either throw the card away or in your glove box (me) (saying - 'I'm gonna use it again' - until I have three and throw them all away - what happens to those pennies ? :w00t:

Wasn't that in a Superman movie ? - someone collecting all the fraction cents out of payroll checks? It all adds up

My favorite is now FEDEX/Kinko's - you have to buy a card (which includes local sales tax) at their money matic machine - so for $1 - you get  $1 in value.  You get  eleven copies at 9 cents a piece and either throw the card away or in your glove box (me) (saying - 'I'm gonna use it again' - until I have three and throw them all away - what happens to those pennies ?  :(

Wasn't that in a Superman movie ? - someone collecting all the fraction cents out of payroll checks?  It all adds up

685762[/snapback]

Thats pretty standard for copy places, at least all the copy places I have been to.

Office Space did that too.