Draft (humor)

Marv seemed so different than all the other GMs. A charming man, he seemed to be able to look beyond just physical traits. He talked about how he valued intelligence and character. But when that third round pick rolled around, it became clear all he really wanted was Youboty.

I know you've heard lots of good things about Youboty. Youboty is very desirable--everyone says so. While all men may want Youboty, it's easy to wish Marv had wanted something more.

The coaching staff has all kinds of exciting plans for Youboty. They talk about Youboty's "potential" to fulfill their wildest fantasies. They'd been gazing longingly at Youboty for months, so this is a dream come true.

Some said Marv should have been looking for the next Duval Love; a former guard from the Pittsburgh Steelers. Others wanted a player that would be what Erik Flowers should have been. But Marv wasn't interested in Love. He didn't spend any money on Flowers. All he wanted was Youboty.

Now that the Sabres game is over, it's time for another humor post.

Marv in 2006: "You can't have too many defensive backs, so I'll act accordingly."

Marv in 2009: "You can't have too many defensive backs, and I've acted accordingly."

Reporter: "Does it bother you that of the 52 men on the roster, 46 are defensive backs? And that the other six guys are quietly being eased off the team?"

Marv: "I'm sorry if this bothers you, but you just can't have too many defensive backs."