I understand that.  However if you had a guy rated as a 4th rounder and simply because some scouts rated him as a 2nd rounder, you shouldn't exactly be railing against a team that took him higher than that.  And if Mel delved a little deeper, he'd find that several teams were interested in McCargo, namely the Giants at #32.

680720[/snapback]

Oh well, I never heard Kiper say he had moved him up to the second round. What I herd was that he initially said he had him ranked as a fourth rounder, and moved him up to a late third. He said he didn't personally like the pick, but offered up that he may be wrong, as he knew that there were a handful of NFL teams who valued him much higher.

Kiper is not an NFL "insider". He is simply a college draft guy. He doesn't spend hours on the phone talking to NFL people, like Mortenson, and John Clayton. Mortenson is the one who claimed that most around the leauge were very surprised by the Bills move to get McCargo, "and not just us here" on ESPN. Mortenson is the one who shoud have delved.

Sorry, don't know why I am wasting my time defending Kiper. He was probably the least critical of the Bills draft of any analyst I heard.

Oh well, I never heard Kiper say he had moved him up to the second round.  What I herd was that he initially said he had him ranked as a fourth rounder, and moved him up to a late third.  He said he didn't personally like the pick, but offered up that he may be wrong, as he knew that there were a handful of NFL teams who valued him much higher. 

Kiper is not an NFL "insider".  He is simply a college draft guy.  He doesn't spend hours on the phone talking to NFL people, like Mortenson, and John Clayton. Mortenson is the one who claimed that most around the leauge were very surprised by the Bills move to get McCargo, "and not just us here" on ESPN.  Mortenson is the one who shoud have delved. 

Sorry, don't know why I am wasting my time defending Kiper.  He was probably the least critical of the Bills draft of any analyst I heard.

680751[/snapback]

I think your 100% correct...And even though Mel did not agree with the McCargo Pick, he certainly presented the other side well enough mentioning the Injury, the Early Entry, and that some Teams did have him Rated much higher...

What cracks me up about Guys like Mort and Clayton is that THEY are the ones Teams utilize to get the information out that THE TEAMS want out...True or not...NFL GM's are completely open about the fact that beginning in early April, every minute leading up to the Draft the lies flow with increasing freedom...They all lie...a lot...It's what they do...So I'll go with Kiper's assesment of the situation any day over Mort and Clayton because Kiper is going with what HE believes and balancing it...the others are going with what they have been told and standing by it... :lol:

Kiper has commented before that he has been offered Jobs in the NFL but turns them down immediately because he has a true passion for what he does...

680701[/snapback]

i don't think he wants to take a cut in pay.