So, according to Scouts Inc, the Bills got...

Lurker

I feel better now than I did earlier.....I think what bothered me most was having to listen to the talking heads at ESPN gripe and moan about how we reached......twice. But the bottom line is how the players perform, so hopefully Marv, Modrak and Dick did a good job.

I feel better now than I did earlier.....I think what bothered me most was having to listen to the talking heads at ESPN gripe and moan about how we reached......twice. But the bottom line is how the players perform, so hopefully Marv, Modrak and Dick did a good job.

676875[/snapback]

We'll know over the next few years

According to the PFW Draft Guide, we got the #28, #30 and #61st rated players--McCargo, Whitner & Youboty.

PFW Analysis:

8. Buffalo — S Donte Whitner, Ohio State

Some outsiders might consider this pick a bit of a reach. The reality is that a lot of teams were lining up to secure Whitner, and he was graded as a consensus first-round talent around the league and would not have lasted much longer. He is very, very smart and instinctive and should replace Coy Wire in the starting lineup immediately. With intelligence and character being highly valued by new head coach Dick Jauron, a former NFL safety himself, Whitner was a natural fit.

26. Buffalo (from Chicago) — DT John McCargo, North Carolina State

The Bills had a pressing need to fill at defensive tackle and were able to land a very underrated talent at this spot. McCargo is a great fit for new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's defense and has drawn comparisons to Warren Sapp. With Justin Bannan, Ron Edwards and Sam Adams all having departed, the Bills desperately needed to move up to make sure they could land the three-technique so pivotal to improving their 31st-ranked run defense.

70. Buffalo (from Tennessee) — CB Ashton Youboty, Ohio State

Joins Buckeye teammate Donte Whitner and former OSU CB Nate Clements in the Bills' secondary, bringing some continuity to the group. Youboty was too inconsistent as a junior and would have benefitted from another year in school, but Buffalo filled its coaching staff with good teachers and Youboty should be able to learn a lot from Perry Fewell.

Kiper has them 17, 30 but McCargo is not in the top 100.

Ourlads 37, 42 and 68.

I've gotten both book for many years. They're fun. They are also wrong about players a lot. (but, to be fair, it's a hard thing to predict.)

Kiper has them 17, 30 but McCargo is not in the top 100.

Ourlads 37, 42 and 68.

I've gotten both book for many years. They're fun. They are also wrong about players a lot. (but, to be fair, it's a hard thing to predict.)

677061[/snapback]

So the consensus seems to be that we got 3 of the top 60 players...

NFL Draft Scout had Whitner at 18 and rising, Yabouty at 26 and McCargo at 38 and rising.

What I see is two defensive backs that are going to make life miserable for receivers going over the middle or runnng hitch routes. And that Yabouty kid loves to come up and lay a lick on the the running backs going off tackle (I don't see this as Greer's style and King might be a little small) These two guys have added a ton of toughness to the Bills. London and TKO will love playing with them.

McCargo...he was faster off the ball than either Mario or Lawson. He may not be able to carry it for the full 40 yards, but those first 5 yards....exactly what you need for a 3 and 5 step drop by QBs, ...just incredibly fast.

I think the Bills have gone a long way towards making this a Tampa 2 defense.

Oh, and I know that a lot of folks here like Vincent at the safety position...but I'm thinking he may not keep that job...he just doesn't hit the way that Bowen and Whitner will. It all depends on whether Bowen steps up this year...and shows enough speed.

How does showing we used the 8th pick on the 20th value in any way make things better?

677420[/snapback]

The draft always seems to balance out in the end...guys taken "higher" than their supposed value, offset by "steals" picked lower than they should have gone. If we got three top-60 players, that's what's important--not what Mel Kiper or Clayton or any of the other "analysts" who spend a few hours with draft guides think.

This morning, it appears we've added three very good players...by July, what spots they were selected in will be irrelevent.

This would have been a good Day One if the Bills didn't have so many needs. The Bills drafted like they are a winning franchise who only needed help here and there. Reaching for a safety and trading up to pick a defensive line project doesn't help this team. Then they draft another corner? Was the third corner spot more of a problem then the offensive line?

Drafts are a tough job. When you screw it up early it screws you for the rest of the draft.

It used to be fun following free agency and the draft. But when your team doesn't do anything in FA and then doesn't address any of the needs on draft day? This makes me want to go out and get season tickets again :)

There's always next year. Again.

676875[/snapback]

by the way its nice to see Im not the only Flyers fan around here. I am a casual hockey fan but this is turning into a very enjoyable series to watch

especially in High Def

by the way its nice to see Im not the only Flyers fan around here. I am a casual hockey fan but this is turning into a very enjoyable series to watch

especially in High Def

677491[/snapback]

lol, wow, that's pretty much my exact position too. You're a lucky bastard if you've been able to watch it in HD.....I've only been able to find the damn game on ONCE, and it was on that OLN channel that I'd never heard of until McJeff told me what the hell it was. The picture quality is pretty lousy, too. I don't know why they can't just show the games on ESPN HD instead of all these damn baseball and basketball games.

I'll never route against a Buffalo team, but I can't help the fact that I fell in love with Philly when I lived there :devil: I'm a marginal hockey fan too, but I'm enough of one to have a team that I'm going to stand behind, even though they are old and slow lol. I just looked at the listings for tonight and once again the game isn't the one being shown. I think I've got NJ/NY at 7p and then another one at 10p :) Isn't NY pretty much getting their asses handed to them??? Clearly the Flyers/Sabres is a better series to broadcast.