Texans to draft some nobody from NC

Fezmid

http://thebrushback.com/nobody_full.htm

Brushback predicted the Mario Williams draft weeks ago. I especially like John Madden's comment:

“Drafting Mario Williams would be akin to packing the franchise in a bus and shipping it to Bolivia,” John Madden said on Sportscenter. “Nobody knows who this kid is and nobody cares. He comes from a university in North Carolina that’s neither Duke nor UNC. It’s not even Wake Forest. NC State? Yea I go there if I want a degree in wood shop. For professional football, I’d go to, oh I don’t know, USC? Texas? Anywhere else in the country?”

CW

“Nobody knows who this kid is and nobody cares. He comes from a university in North Carolina that’s neither Duke nor UNC. It’s not even Wake Forest. NC State? Yea I go there if I want a degree in wood shop. For professional football, I’d go to, oh I don’t know, USC? Texas? Anywhere else in the country?”

676805[/snapback]

Good point... makes you wonder about McCargo. :lol:

:lol:

Surprised Buffalo didn't try drafting Williams based on this:

"‘Mario Williams’ is going to be an impact player in the NFL? I think it’s more likely that he’ll be an impact player for UPS. I hear they need somebody with a great motor to deliver their packages.”"

Actually, I graduated from North Carolina State University in 2004 and N.C.State happens to have a top 10 engineering school and a top 5 veterinarian school in the country. True, a big part of the university is the agriculture department but that is starting to take a back seat to the programs just mentioned above along with the college of business managment which just cracked the top 20 last year for best business schools in the country. It's true that we get railed on for being farmers and rednecks, but the bottom line is, without farmers to grow our food, what in the heck are you going to eat and where are you going to get it from??

We are certainly far behind both Duke and UNC in basketball, however, we have gone to the NCAA tourney the past 5 years in a row, reaching the sweet 16 two years ago, and we had ACC player of the year Julius Hodge who was a senior in 2004. Not to mention we have played in 3 of the past 6 ACC conference championships. However, our football program is light years ahead of both of theirs. N.C.State has put big name players in the NFL, most recently Philip Rivers, Tory Holt, Koren Robinson, Terrence Holt, and now Mario Williams, Manny Lawson, and John McCargo. And how could anyone forget that one of the all time great players to play for the Bills, Will Wolford, played his college ball at N.C.State.

FYI- Our baseball team is currently ranked 11th in the country.

Again, people....The Brushback is a sports parody site.  It's a joke...literally.  It's meant to be comedy, so it's not real.  John Madden didn't say those things.  Ditto for the Leinart article someone else posted.

PTR

676987[/snapback]

John Madden couldn't say those things. Could you imagine the stuttering if he tried to get something that original out of his mouth?