So far, so good.

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay

We've gotten two DBs and a DT that fit Fewell's new D.

We still need a quick LB to push for a starting role (remember, the TB cover-2 employs a deep drop from a LB into the mid 1/3), another solid OT prospect to push Gandy, and a quick RB with good vision to find the cutback lanes Fairchild's new O will create. :lol:

Guest BackInDaDay
Agree with 1st 2.  But I'd say FB instead of RB.

676778[/snapback]

Don't think you'll see a FB on the field much this season. Fairchild's going to stretch things out with more 3 WR/1 TE/1 RB fromations. I think he'll go wide to get inside.

Guest BackInDaDay
I'm with you.  We got 2 potential starters and a nickle back today.

676804[/snapback]

The kid CB will be Clements replacement soon.

Gotta love those OSU DBs.

Guest BackInDaDay
Possibly.  But I think the A-train signing and Gates obviates the need for a RB.

676811[/snapback]

My bad. I forgot about A-train. :lol:

Draft another LB with that pick. :lol:

Guest BackInDaDay

Actually... draft any DE lift with pass-rushing ability to come in for Kelsay on passing downs. Who cares if he can't play the run, that'll be Kelsay's job.

Guest BackInDaDay
Once again, I would like to see a good LB - but who's out there?

676828[/snapback]

I'm not a draftnik, but don't get hungup on bulk and run-stopping. Find a LB who's quick in coverage and flies to the ball. Let Fewell coach his safties and CBs how to give run support. Isn't that our new DBs strengths? We're already a much faster team, and this is just the 1st year of a rebuild.

a LB, OT, and RB.  I may be in the minority, but I like Marv's choices.

676771[/snapback]

Concur. I am so tired of the "we could have traded down and still picked these guys" comments. Amazing how much scouting and GM talent there is in the WNY area.

Whitner should start, McCargo will be heavily involved in the DT rotation (both are juniors by the way), and Youbotny could be nickel or dime back. I can see all 3 starting in the future.

Guest BackInDaDay
I like our picks too, but I think we need an OG soon!

676849[/snapback]

We're loaded with OGs. If Villareal can't play in space, Preston will take over. I agree that we'll draft two O-lineman before the smoke clears tommorrow, but I think McNally has more options coaching an agile line than the maulers we've seen. They're more capable of taking defenders laterally without losing them. You can coach these techs. The hell with all the Sumos we've had here.

Mobile - Agile - Hostile - the new Bills' mantra.

BTW - Big Bennie should be reassigned to the short yardage team in favor of Reyes and some of our OG depth had better be prepared to work hard in their speed and agility sessions to secure a spot.