*snickers*

Let's see.  There was Kevin Thomas, a 6th rounder in 2002.  Then there was McGee, a 4th rounder in 2004.  And Eric King in the 5th last year.

That's a LOT of high wasted picks on some bad players! :o

676497[/snapback]

Well, I should have clarified...WR/DB vs. OL/DL.

Let's see.  There was Kevin Thomas, a 6th rounder in 2002.  Then there was McGee, a 4th rounder in 2004.  And Eric King in the 5th last year.

That's a LOT of high wasted picks on some bad players! :o

676497[/snapback]

What about Nate?

Yeah, I actuall like our DB picks over the past few years.....and this Youboty guy looks like he's a pretty good pick up. I just wish we still had our other 3rd :D

how dare you question marv!! he knows and you don't. you're not a real fan....

676475[/snapback]

To say that fans know nothing is ridiculous. To say they know as much as coaches, GM's and scouts is also ridiculous.

Coach Levy, Jauron, and the scouts know what we are going to be running on the field, and how certain players fit those systems. We dont know that....we know sterotypes of systems, but not exactly what they plan.

When they made those picks, did they call fans idiots? I highly doubt it. They know what they are doing.

I asked this in another thread.  What rookie LT did you want protecting JP's blindside, outside of Ferguson who was gone early?  The Bills addressed OG and OC in FA.

676530[/snapback]

How about anyone better than who was "protecting" it last year? Remember him?

676535[/snapback]

You probably saw more games last season than I did, JSP, but don't you think that pressure up the middle was either just as much of a problem or more so than guys beating Gandy?

What about Nate?

Yeah, I actuall like our DB picks over the past few years.....and this Youboty guy looks like he's a pretty good pick up. I just wish we still had our other 3rd :o

Good call about Nate. Can't talk about DB picks since they've been hits (can't call a 6th rounder like Thomas a "bust") and have been needed. The Bills have actually drafted OL in pretty much the same rounds over the same timeperiod.

I asked this in another thread.  What rookie LT did you want protecting JP's blindside, outside of Ferguson who was gone early?  The Bills addressed OG and OC in FA.

676530[/snapback]

It takes time to develop an o-lineman, just like a QB. We haven't been drafting them over the past couple of years which is why we are in the situation were in now. The longer you pass up on them, the longer the cycle continues.

I do like the Youboty pick though.

Like...whom? Throwing out a nebulous "anyone better..." doesn't really help much.

Again, WHAT ROOKIE LT did you want to see protecting JP, after Ferguson went off the board?

Also, don't you think Gandy could be better without a scrub like Bennie next to him?

Good call about Nate.  Can't talk about DB picks since they've been hits (can't call a 6th rounder like Thomas a "bust") and have been needed.  The Bills have actually drafted OL in pretty much the same rounds over the same timeperiod.

676549[/snapback]

Yep, and KT woudl still be a Bill if not for the injury :D I really liked that kid, but upgrading from UNLV to Ohio State works for me :o

You probably saw more games last season than I did, JSP, but don't you think that pressure up the middle was either just as much of a problem or more so than guys beating Gandy?

676548[/snapback]

Which is why I would have worked harder on a FA Center.