They Probably Tried to Trade Down...

we dont know who would be there at 15 and we dont know what they were offering, the browns who dropped down got a 6th, so lets not assume we could have gotten another 2nd or 3rd.

674800[/snapback]

um the Browns dropped down 1 spot and got a 6th. Denver traded a 1st and 3rd to move up

I don't have a problem with them taking a safety, it actually is a position of need for us.  But why not trade down?  There had to be mutliple teams trying to move up for Leinart.  This seals the deal for me.  This team is going nowhere with Marv running the show.

674578[/snapback]

because Marv does not trade on draft day

can you contradict yourself anymore??? you love taking a safety, the only reason you arent happy is because we didnt trade down? makes no sense, it seems like this is still the pick you wanted.

674785[/snapback]

I say the staff looked at the film from last season and concluded that the Bills have nothing, NOTHING in the position. The guy will likely be starting by mid-season.

What it tells me is we needed a safety so bad we could't take a chance in not getting the #2 guy.  We were going safety no matter what is my reading.

674747[/snapback]

Amen! That's what I was thinking esp. after a certain comment Marv made a couple of weeks ago. I think the Bills wanted Huff but he was no longer there. My first choice was Ferguson but no way would he be there at 8.

At least this makes Wire cuttable.