3rd Round Pick

Derek Hagan WR Arizona State

I've watched almost every ASU game in the past few years and this guy has dominated every team he has played. Until the combine he was a 1st round pick.

I realize he is slipping because of his workouts at the Senior Bowl, but look at his achievements in the PAC 10

the Pac-10's all-time leader in career receptions with 258, and finished second in conference history with 3,939 career receiving yards...is seventh on the Pac-10 career receiving touchdowns list with 27...only the 10th player in Pac-10 history to record 3,000 or more yards and 200 or more catches in his career...concluded his career as ASU's all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards, receiving touchdowns, 100-yard games (18) and career receiving yards per game (78.8)

And yes, I realize I am completely biased on this issue

Derek Hagan  WR  Arizona State

I've watched almost every ASU game in the past few years and this guy has dominated every team he has played. Until the combine he was a 1st round pick.

I realize he is slipping because of his workouts at the Senior Bowl, but look at his achievements in the PAC 10

the Pac-10's all-time leader in career receptions with 258, and finished second in conference history with 3,939 career receiving yards...is seventh on the Pac-10 career receiving touchdowns list with 27...only the 10th player in Pac-10 history to record 3,000 or more yards and 200 or more catches in his career...concluded his career as ASU's all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards, receiving touchdowns, 100-yard games (18) and career receiving yards per game (78.8)

And yes, I realize I am completely biased on this issue

673932[/snapback]

Any relation to Mario Hagan?

Any relation to Mario Hagan?

673983[/snapback]

I don't think so since Mario spells his last name Haggan.

In terms of Derek, I really like him but would consider him with our second 3rd Rounder so long we take a DT, O-lineman and S before hand. As to me we need to shore up these other positions before looking for another day one WR as we have several on the roster already (Lee Evans, Peerless Price, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish). Not to mention WRs take two or three years to develop in the NFL and rather fill immediate holes with higher picks.