A painful dilemma

As you know, the Flyers are playing the Sabres in the Stanley Cup. I've lived here in Philadelphia for twenty years, but I was raised in the Buffalo area. Should I be loyal to my "new" home town or my "old" home town? While everyone here was busy catching "Flyers Fever", I remain silent, not wishing to reveal my inner turmoil.

Finally, after much agony, I have reached a decision.

GO SABRES!

As you know, the Flyers are playing the Sabres in the Stanley Cup.  I've lived here in Philadelphia for twenty years, but I was raised in the Buffalo area.  Should I be loyal to my "new" home town or my "old" home town?  While everyone here was busy catching "Flyers Fever", I remain silent, not wishing to reveal my inner turmoil.

GO SABRES!

673395[/snapback]

Good for you. If only Anakin had seen the light the same way, we would have been spared 3 movies.

Although it looks bad tonight, the Sabres haven't trailed yet at home and have 2 of the final 3 (if necessary) in their building.

:)  (speechless)

673618[/snapback]

What?!? I didn't say they were BAD movies. Just, I would have saved myself about $100+ in not buying the original VHS trio, the remade VHS trio, and the remade DVD trio. <_<

What?!?  I didn't say they were BAD movies.  Just, I would have saved myself about $100+ in not buying the original VHS trio, the remade VHS trio, and the remade DVD trio. <_<

673650[/snapback]

:)

As you know, the Flyers are playing the Sabres in the Stanley Cup.  I've lived here in Philadelphia for twenty years, but I was raised in the Buffalo area.  Should I be loyal to my "new" home town or my "old" home town?  While everyone here was busy catching "Flyers Fever", I remain silent, not wishing to reveal my inner turmoil.

GO SABRES!

673395[/snapback]

I was a bit torn, too....I spent most of my 'growing up' years in Rochester, and while I did follow the Amerks to some degree, I don't remember many times when I saw the Sabres at all. When I went to school in Philly I got sucked into the whole sports culture of the town. Already had the Bills and Braves permanently embedded on my heart, but there was a vacancy in both hockey and basketball. Well, you know what I mean since you've lived there for so long, but people LIVE sports in that city. Sports and food! I got sucked under the current of both the Flyers and Sixers.....So even though I would be happy for the Sabres if they advance, I still have to pull for my Flyers first. I just hope that whoever wins this series goes on and takes it all.....that would be sweet!

I was a bit torn, too....I spent most of my 'growing up' years in Rochester, and while I did follow the Amerks to some degree, I don't remember many times when I saw the Sabres at all. When I went to school in Philly I got sucked into the whole sports culture of the town. Already had the Bills and Braves permanently embedded on my heart, but there was a vacancy in both hockey and basketball. Well, you know what I mean since you've lived there for so long, but people LIVE sports in that city. Sports and food!  I got sucked under the current of both the Flyers and Sixers.....So even though I would be happy for the Sabres if they advance, I still have to pull for my Flyers first. I just hope that whoever wins this series goes on and takes it all.....that would be sweet!

673657[/snapback]

You stick with the Braves even though they left town, but you don't stick with the Sabres? What's up with that? :)

And how can you possibly consider a Cheesesteak comparable to a Garbage plate (ra-cha-cha) or an order of wings, a beef-on-weck, a supermighty, or a properly prepared pizza? <_<

(Yeah, I know you meant Atlanta when you said Braves, but still. :lol: )

Sabres in 6. :lol:

You stick with the Braves even though they left town, but you don't stick with the Sabres?  What's up with that? :)

And how can you possibly consider a Cheesesteak comparable to a Garbage plate (ra-cha-cha) or an order of wings, a beef-on-weck, a supermighty, or a properly prepared pizza?  <_<

(Yeah, I know you meant Atlanta when you said Braves, but still.  :w00t:  )

Sabres in 6.  :lol:

673672[/snapback]

As much as I love an authentic Philly cheesesteak (and by authentic I mean from either Pat's or Genos), I'd go with the Tahoes cuisine in a heartbeat :lol: Philly can give Buffalo a run for the money in the pizza dept, but the rest of it is all Buffalo :lol:

Part of why I'm so all over the place is because I had already moved around the country like six times before I landed in Rochester. We moved an average of every two years until I hit Rochester at age 13. I've been thinking about it some today, and I honestly don't remember the Sabres hardly EVER being talked about when I lived in Rochester. The Amerks were all over the place, and I know I went to a handful of games, but I really don't recall much of anything about the Sabres. So I blame the Rochester media for letting me slip through the cracks and end up being a Flyers fan, lol.

I was a bit torn, too....I spent most of my 'growing up' years in Rochester, and while I did follow the Amerks to some degree, I don't remember many times when I saw the Sabres at all. When I went to school in Philly I got sucked into the whole sports culture of the town. Already had the Bills and Braves permanently embedded on my heart, but there was a vacancy in both hockey and basketball. Well, you know what I mean since you've lived there for so long, but people LIVE sports in that city. Sports and food!  I got sucked under the current of both the Flyers and Sixers.....So even though I would be happy for the Sabres if they advance, I still have to pull for my Flyers first. I just hope that whoever wins this series goes on and takes it all.....that would be sweet!

673657[/snapback]

Where did you go to school?

Yes, this is a big sports town, and sadly right now the sports teams (except the Flyers) are lousy!

Where did you go to school?

Yes, this is a big sports town, and sadly right now the sports teams (except the Flyers) are lousy!

674180[/snapback]

Wow, thank God I found your response over here, cause if I don't get my mind off that draft pick we just made I'm gonna vomit!

I have a BA in psych from Temple. I went to the Amber campus for the first semester, and then switched to main campus. One of the greatest experiences of my life, truly! I would work all night from 11p-7a, drive home and catch the SEPTA train to North Philly, go to class until early afternoon, take the SEPTA home, go to sleep, and start it all over again. It was just me and my little studio apartment in Warrington and I would not trade those three years for anything. I worked my arse off, and I really 'grew up' in the process.

I love Philly.....