Interesting mock with trades

obie_wan

check this mock-

Bills could further complicate things by trading down to #11 with Rams and screwing the Jets out of Cutler.

Bills would have 2 of Hawk, Bunkley, Ngata and Huff to pick from at #11.

Chances are the Raiders would take Hawk over Justice since their preference seems to be defense.

thoughts?

Pre-draft trade:

To Denver # 9 / To Detroit #15 and #61

1. Houston Texans – Reggie Bush, RB

The Texans front office doesn’t find a dance partner and they grab the dynamic Bush. I don’t like it much and feel they would be better off building the team through their interior lines. I originally had the Jets moving up here but the chances of that are looking pretty slim now.

2. New Orleans Saints – Matt Leinart, QB

I’m not buying this three team trade rumor where two are teams get “bought off” for not drafting certain players. This type of thing just doesn’t happen. Oakland may move up ahead of the Titans for Leinart, but I think the Raiders will take their chances and stand pat. Condon keeps his promise and Leinart goes #2. Brees is pissed off but his contract affords the Saints the luxury of drafting Leinart and gives Benson the ammo to move the team to LA.

3. Tennessee Titans – Vince Young, QB

The Titans add their QB of the (near?) future. Volek is more than capable of holding down the fort for two years until Young is ready to produce. Adams and the scouting department win out over Fisher and Chow and Leinart starts to slide.

4. Denver Broncos – Vernon Davis, TE

To Denver - #4 / To New York - #9 (from DET) and #37

The Broncos are desperate to get Davis and have moved their way up and down the draft board to get their man. It is obviously very early for a TE, but if this happens they won’t be giving up more than Cleveland did for Winslow. I’ve debated whether the trade will happen with the Jets or Green Bay, but this trade works out well for both teams. The Jets get into prime position for their man and pick up an extra 2nd round pick to boot.

5. Green Bay Packers – Mario Williams, DE

The Packers get a gift as Williams, arguably the best player in the draft, falls into their laps. Trading down was probably being considered but those thoughts ended when Williams was still available.

6. Philadelphia Eagles – D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT

To Philadelphia - #6 / To San Francisco - #14, #45 and 2007 3rd round pick

San Fran gets burned by the Broncos, if they were truly interested in Davis. No rumors to substantiate this, but if Ferguson drops the Eagles are primed to jump ahead of a pack of hungry teams looking for a 10-year stud at tackle.

7. Oakland Raiders – Winston Justice, OT

This Raiders pick still has me stumped. Rumors of them drooling over Young and Leinart have me doubting a lot of what I’ve written above, but Al Davis likes to go in his own direction. Gallery moving to LT opens up a spot for Winston on the right side.

8. Buffalo Bills – Brodrick Bunkley, DT

Buffalo needs help with their porous rush defense and could use a solid anchor up the middle, it is really just a question of which DT they take. The buzz has them more interested in Bunkley than Ngata and he fits their scheme much better. I also wouldn’t rule out an offer from the Vikings to move up on the Jets.

9. New York Jets – Jay Cutler, QB

To New York - #9 (from DET) and #37 / To Denver - #4

Detroit trades out from #9, as they feel they can still receive value at #15 and get an additional late 2nd round pick. The Jets are enamored with Cutler and position themselves perfectly to get him and in the process add another early 2nd round pick.

10. Arizona Cardinals – A.J. Hawk, OLB

Dennis Green has says that he is happy with his RBs then he goes out and signs James. He signed Warner to a contract, so could he make a push to move up and take Young or Cutler? It’s possible but not too likely. Not the hugest need, but the Cardinals could do a lot worse and continue to improve a solid young defense.

11. Saint Louis Rams – Michael Huff, CB/S

The signing of Will Witherspoon may end up having the biggest impact of any this off-season and allows the Rams to fill other needs through the draft. Huff is the logical choice since he is arguably BPA and fills a huge need.

12. Cleveland Browns – Haloti Ngata, DT

The Browns have filled most of their major areas of need through free agency. Ngata will be a nice complement to Washington and Crennel is on record saying he is a Brown if he is still available when the Browns are on the clock.

2. New Orleans Saints – Matt Leinart, QB

I’m not buying this three team trade rumor where two are teams get “bought off” for not drafting certain players. This type of thing just doesn’t happen. Oakland may move up ahead of the Titans for Leinart, but I think the Raiders will take their chances and stand pat. Condon keeps his promise and Leinart goes #2. Brees is pissed off but his contract affords the Saints the luxury of drafting Leinart and gives Benson the ammo to move the team to LA.

3. Tennessee Titans – Vince Young, QB

The Titans add their QB of the (near?) future. Volek is more than capable of holding down the fort for two years until Young is ready to produce. Adams and the scouting department win out over Fisher and Chow and Leinart starts to slide.

671723[/snapback]

I'm confused about the above. If NO selects Leinart with the #2 pick how does Leinart start to slide because the Titans don't pick him?

Wow, I think there is no way that Hawk falls to 10, second I like the way you incorporated your trades in but I do not see the Jets falling out if Williams is still there, especially after losing Abraham. Philly would have to give up a load to get to Brick, I think we would put up a better fight for him. All in all who knows whats gonna happen. I know for one thing it aint gonna be boring.

Don't see NO staying put and taking a QB, I think they only take a QB if they trade down, not at #2

I really doubt the Jets get who they want if they drop to 9. The Bills phone will be ringing off the hook from STL if a QB is still available at #8 and the Jets are waiting to take him at #9

I don't see Philly moving up that high for Fergussen, aren't they interested in Ngata?

I also really doubt Williams drops down to 5th, If NO stays put at #2 I think he is their man

But this is all my opinion just like your post was your opinion, who knows how any of this will work out on draft day.

I have to believe that if Hawk makes it past GB that the brain trust will do what they can to grab him. Jauron and Fewell knows that the defense will revolve around a LB i.e. Urlacher. They will do what it takes to grab him, and I will go online and order my jersey tootsweet!. GO BILLSSS

I have to believe that if Hawk makes it past GB that the brain trust will do what they can to grab him. Jauron and Fewell knows that the defense will revolve around a LB i.e. Urlacher. They will do what it takes to grab him, and I will go online and order my jersey tootsweet!. GO BILLSSS

671741[/snapback]

Well there have been some reports saying Jauron wants to trade up to get Brick or Hawk, and Marv wants to trade down or stay put and see whos available (and they are not as high on Ngata and Bunkley as everyone seems to believe)

Well there have been some reports saying Jauron wants to trade up to get Brick or Hawk, and Marv wants to trade down or stay put and see whos available (and they are not as high on Ngata and Bunkley as everyone seems to believe)

671748[/snapback]

Its a tough call, do you take a guy that con solidify a spot for a long time or do you trade down accumulate more picks and hope the guy you waited for pans out. Go for the almost sure thing......if there ever was one.

Its a tough call, do you take a guy that con solidify a spot for a long time or do you trade down accumulate more picks and hope the guy you waited for pans out. Go for the almost sure thing......if there ever was one.

671758[/snapback]

There's not a sure thing, so given that I'm of the opinion you pick up the most picks possible. The more picks you have the more likely you are to have multiple players pan out, particularly in a deep draft, which this is.

There's not a sure thing, so given that I'm of the opinion you pick up the most picks possible.  The more picks you have the more likely you are to have multiple players pan out, particularly in a deep draft, which this is.

671760[/snapback]

I see what you are saying, but if a guy like Dbrick or Hawk is there you have to take advantage and jump on him. We dont want to be the team that passes on one of these guys.

Very interesting read. But I think it is realistic.

1)New Orleans is NOT going to draft a quarterback.

2)Hawk will NOT drop to 10. If he's there at 8, I will scream if we pass on him.

3)Denver (may covet Davis, but...) will NOT move up that high. They threw away a lot of power when they moved out of their second 1st round pick. If they were trying such a move, they would have kept both 1st rounders.

4) No way Mario Williams drops that far either.