Ricky Williams - Out For 2006

Tom

It sounds like your friend's lack of accomplishments aren't from smoking weed, but from lack of motivation. I recently quit smoking because my work does random UA's and the guy I was working next to the other day got popped with a random and got canned...I don't want that to be me...But i'm motivated and striving to better myself whichever way I can, and I consider myself a smoker probably til I die and i'm not afraid to admit that. I know quite a lot of people that smoke weed and have great jobs/lives and it doesn't stop them from doing really well in whatever they do. If you don't succeed, you don't blame it on your addictions...blame it on yourself. It's called willpower!  :D

671592[/snapback]

Yeah, my friend has never seen a joint in his life.....I was just pointing out how sometimes people can let one thing just disrupt most every other aspect of their lives, you know?

I've had all sorts of patients who have had cirrhosis, or who were alcoholics, but I"ve never once had a patient who was in the hospital because of weed. I think it's almost laughable that alcohol is so out of control in this country (disease, drunk driving, etc), yet that substance is legal and pot isn't. I'm subject to the same random screens you are, so I haven't touched pot for over ten years. But if it were legal, I'm sure I'd take advantage of it. Hell, maybe I'd light one up with my 90 y.o. grandma, lol.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why I say Ricky has a responsibility problem, not a drug problem. You'd think with his status as a killer running back, he'd put the dope down. Believe me, giving up dope is NOT that difficult. Heroin, meth, booze, cigarettes? Yes, very addictive and tougher to overcome. Giving up dope? From experience I tell you, it is easy to walk away. He chooses to keep smoking, and it is that choice which remains the problem. It's not the dope IN the pipe, it's the doping holding it.

671320[/snapback]

I think it is obvious that Ricky has some psych problems and is apparently self-medicating, probably with pot. If he had any brains at all, and if the team's doctors had any sense, they would have had him prescription medicated with something LEGAL so he could work and function within the rules.

Let's get cold and business minded for a minute. I blame the team more than I blame him. They knew he was a flake and to my knowledge did nothing proactively and aggressively to protect a commodity that was important to the franchise.

You are right, pot was easy to walk away from, but nicotine had me for too long. I have been free of that addiction for a decade now and it was the hardest thing I ever did. I do enjoy a nice cigar once or twice a year and that is it! B-)

Yeah, my friend has never seen a joint in his life.....I was just pointing out how sometimes people can let one thing just disrupt most every other aspect of their lives, you know?

I've had all sorts of patients who have had cirrhosis, or who were alcoholics, but I"ve never once had a patient who was in the hospital because of weed. I think it's almost laughable that alcohol is so out of control in this country (disease, drunk driving, etc), yet that substance is legal and pot isn't. I'm subject to the same random screens you are, so I haven't touched pot for over ten years. But if it were legal, I'm sure I'd take advantage of it. Hell, maybe I'd light one up with my 90 y.o. grandma, lol.

671695[/snapback]

Alcohol is big business. Big business buys politicians. Ask Philip Morris! B-)

And the situation gets a little weirder

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?id=164059

672110[/snapback]

This is interesting.

Watch Ricky sign on with the Argos, and they let him smoke as much as he wants.

You know how popeye loves spinach? That's exactly how Ricky loves weed.

I'm predicting he rushes for 3000 yards.