rumor making the rounds

The primary factor in their destruction was their idiot coach, Herm Edwards. Believe me, he is about to destroy the Chiefs. He is a literal nitwit. He fell in love with Pennington, and gave him 64 million dollars. THAT is what took this team down, be assured.

As much of a horror show as JP is, he would not devastate the Bills if/when he is cut. Btw, he also broke the bank for a finished Curtis Martin. Now, they have no RB, and no QB. Their OL is also suspect.

Yes, I am clearly stating that Robertson did not devastate the jests.  ;)

670277[/snapback]

Just because he didn't do it singlehandedly doesn't mean he didn't devastate the Jets. Same could be said about Mike Williams and Tom Donahoe.

And if the Jets and their new Belichik-protege coach are willing to use their first rounder on a DT, that says all you need to know about Robertson.

I think this is more smoke and mirrors than anything else.  Teams are just posturing, sending out false reports, etc. to keep other teams off the scent.  Happens every year.  Some teams are just better at it than others (Cf. New England).

I have said all along that the surprise pick in the Top 10 may be Ngata to the Raiders at #7.  The Raiders play in the best running division in football - they have to face Tomlinson twice a year, Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson twice a year, and whoever Mike Shanahan starts twice a year.  In that division it is probably truer than in any other division, that you need to be able to stop the run.  Ngata would be able to help the Raiders d-line in that capacity.

670435[/snapback]

Bingo! That makes the most sense here.

If Oakland wants either ML or VY, they should just sit at #7. Either will be there. Probably VY.

670658[/snapback]

Its not guaranteed that one will be there at #7 but it is more then likely considering the only teams possibly looking at QB right now seem to be the Titans and Jets. Rumors also have the Saints as possibly having sights set on a QB to backup Brees for now and become the QB of the future, but I have also seen rumors saying Buffalo will get a QB, so take it for what its worth. Houston will take Bush (or completely shock the world and throw a wrench in the entire draft and take Williams), GB probably won't take a QB (unless they don't like what they have seen of Rodgers), SF already took a QB last year so there will be atleast on of the top 3 QB's available at 7 for the Raiders, I guess it depends on who they really want and how bad they want him

No one is going to like this, but if the rumor is true, then it adds validity to the assessment that John Clayton made this morning: namely that the Jets are not interested in Lienart at all and would take D'Brick if they couldn't make a trade to gte out of that spot. We've said all along that if D'Brick gets past the Jets at #4 that he'd likely fall to us at #8. Well, the Jets are probably aware of that too, which is why they would like to work this deal with the Raiders -- trade down to #7, pick up an extra pick or two, and STILL wind up with the player they really want. Of course, the Raiders may decide themselves that they'd rather stay where they are at, since Leinart -- like Ferguson -- isn't likely to be drafted by either team picking at #5 and #6.

670328[/snapback]

Again, Why do so many Folks believe that Green Bay will pass on Ferguson? I just don't get it...I understand The Packers have a Need at LB, but OL especially at OG, is a HUGE Need in Green Bay. And I'm sure if they Draft Ferguson they can shift things around a bit. Plus they would solidify their LT Position for Years to come...

I'm not saying the Pack would choose Ferguson over Hawk for certain, but I am saying there is a darn good chance they would depending on who is the Higher Rated Prospect on their Board. And lets face facts, DF is the Higher Rated Prospect on most Draft Boards...

Just saying you can't assume The Packers will pass on Ferguson. In fact this exact scenerio was brought up on The NFL Network a couple Nights ago and the consensus was GB would jump on DF if he drops in their lap.