I'm going to game 3 tomorrow

ofiba

I think I'll wear Flyers gear for the first period. I'll start screaming and booing like all good Flyers fans do. Everyone will join in and show their team just how much they support them. Then by about the 3rd period I'll tear off my Flyers gear revealing the Blue and Gold! :):w00t:

Can't wait!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some of the neanderthals and mouth breathers in philly have some plans too...

http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showthre...?t=61368&page=1

scroll down to posts #13-15. "SNIPE THE PLAYERS FROM A WHITE VAN?" wtf!? what kind of sick sad moron says something like that?

anyway, !@#$ those idiots. maybe i'll email somebody fromt he sabres and see if i can get that guy arrested. any ideas who i should write to?

I think I'll wear Flyers gear for the first period.  I'll start screaming and booing like all good Flyers fans do.  Everyone will join in and show their team just how much they support them.  Then by about the 3rd period I'll tear off my Flyers gear revealing the Blue and Gold!  :)  :w00t:

Can't wait!

669687[/snapback]

Can you be sure to put me in your will before you go to the game? :w00t: You'll probably be okay in the arena, but watch your ass when you head to the parking lot!!

I think I'll wear Flyers gear for the first period.  I'll start screaming and booing like all good Flyers fans do.  Everyone will join in and show their team just how much they support them.  Then by about the 3rd period I'll tear off my Flyers gear revealing the Blue and Gold!  :)  :w00t:

Can't wait!

669687[/snapback]

Dude, I'd be real careful. Those Flyer fans are not right, and not in a good mood right now. Think I would pass, unless going with a bunch of really big and tough Flyer fans

Then by about the 3rd period I'll tear off my Flyers gear revealing the Blue and Gold!  :w00t:  :w00t:

Can't wait!

669687[/snapback]

Just make sure you have a bullet proof vest when you do this :)

I was offered a ticket to Game 3 last week. I turned it down and the guy here at work sold it to another Flyers fan. I would much rather watch this game at home or a ta bar then deal with some of those scumbag fans.

i just sent this note to the "contact us" link at sabres.com:

"I would like to apprise the Sabres of a potentially serious issue pertaining to game 3 of the current playoff series that will played in Philadelphia on Wednesday. Specifically, I read on the "flyersphans.com" forums that a fan, who identifies himself as "Dopitamanek320," is threatening to "sit in a white van, snipe buffalo saber (sic) players as they enter the complex (scroll down to post #15)": http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showthre...?t=61368&page=1

I believe that though they are likely only the product of frustration, threats of this nature should be taken seriously by the Sabres organization. The fact that some fans threaten to "punch the first 8 sabre fans I see in the neck" is sad, but predictable. However, I believe actual death threats are unacceptable and the team should take action to notify Flyers officials and local law enforcement a.s.a.p.

This is not a South American soccer match- this is NHL hockey in North America. No one involved in presenting this product should tolerate threats of this type- no matter how benign we might actually believe they are."

enough is enough with these sick !@#$s...i realize it prob'ly ain't gonna happen, but i wish that guy would get locked up.

"I would like to apprise the Sabres of a potentially serious issue pertaining to game 3 of the current playoff series that will played in Philadelphia on Wednesday.  Specifically, I read on the "flyersphans.com" forums that a fan, who identifies himself as "Dopitamanek320," is threatening to "sit in a white van, snipe buffalo saber (sic) players as they enter the complex (scroll down to post #15)": http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showthre...?t=61368&page=1

I believe that though they are likely only the product of frustration, threats of this nature should be taken seriously by the Sabres organization.  The fact that some fans threaten to "punch the first 8 sabre fans I see in the neck" is sad, but predictable.  However, I believe actual death threats are unacceptable and the team should take action to notify Flyers officials and local law enforcement a.s.a.p.

This is not a South American soccer match- this is NHL hockey in North America.  No one involved in presenting this product should tolerate threats of this type- no matter how benign we might actually believe they are."

enough is enough with these sick !@#$s...i realize it prob'ly ain't gonna happen, but i wish that guy would get locked up.

669763[/snapback]

I'm glad you did that, even if it is frustration, people need to held more accountable for their comments, even if they are hiding behind a screenname on an internet messsage board.

"I would like to apprise the Sabres of a potentially serious issue pertaining to game 3 of the current playoff series that will played in Philadelphia on Wednesday.  Specifically, I read on the "flyersphans.com" forums that a fan, who identifies himself as "Dopitamanek320," is threatening to "sit in a white van, snipe buffalo saber (sic) players as they enter the complex (scroll down to post #15)": http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showthre...?t=61368&page=1

I believe that though they are likely only the product of frustration, threats of this nature should be taken seriously by the Sabres organization.  The fact that some fans threaten to "punch the first 8 sabre fans I see in the neck" is sad, but predictable.  However, I believe actual death threats are unacceptable and the team should take action to notify Flyers officials and local law enforcement a.s.a.p.

This is not a South American soccer match- this is NHL hockey in North America.  No one involved in presenting this product should tolerate threats of this type- no matter how benign we might actually believe they are."

669763[/snapback]

At the very least, the admins should contact the FBI to let them investigate.

You mean from that site? the "admins," as you so respectfully refer to them, actually incite it. One of them was changing newly registered Sabre fans handles...one guy was renamed "Sabrefag48" by a MODERATOR. So i wouldn't expect much of a reaction from them.

The only good news is that they have been too stupid to take it down, so if the Sabres choose to, it will probably be easier to investigate.

Dude, I'd be real careful. Those Flyer fans are not right, and not in a good mood right now. Think I would pass, unless going with a bunch of really big and tough Flyer fans

669736[/snapback]

Yeah, I was just kidding around. I'm no dope. I was kicking around the idea of wearing an old school Sabres hat and just keeping my mouth shut the whole game, but after the whooping we put on in Game 2, I doubt that is even a good idea. I'd much rather go to a game in Buffalo where I can enjoy myself. I'll probably just sit down, and cheer like a madman (in my head of course). Those kind of people would slaughter a baby if it was in a Sabres crib. I'll swallow my pride, live for another day, and hope the night is filled with boos.

You mean from that site?  the "admins," as you so respectfully refer to them, actually incite it.  One of them was changing newly registered Sabre fans handles...one guy was renamed "Sabrefag48" by a MODERATOR.  So i wouldn't expect much of a reaction from them. 

The only good news is that they have been too stupid to take it down, so if the Sabres choose to, it will probably be easier to investigate.

669798[/snapback]

Sorry, I forgot the source of the information.

A letter from the Sabres lawyer (or a warrant from the FBI) should take care of getting the IP and e-mail information of the poster. Reporting it to the Sabres was a good move, however I probably would not have sent it to "Contact Us" at Sabres.com. It is usually just sent to a webmaster (and not the Sabres) and may not be addressed in a timely fashion. A call directly to the Sabres front offices would stand a better chance of quick action. Just my opinion.

It is something that should be taken very seriously and a call to a live person would put the wheels in motion faster. If you do not have the number for the front office, you could probably call their ticket office, explain the situation and get a number to their front office. From there, they could direct you to the right person.

Yeah, I was just kidding around. I'm no dope.  I was kicking around the idea of wearing an old school Sabres hat and just keeping my mouth shut the whole game, but after the whooping we put on in Game 2, I doubt that is even a good idea.  I'd much rather go to a game in Buffalo where I can enjoy myself.  I'll probably just sit down, and cheer like a madman (in my head of course).  Those kind of people would slaughter a baby if it was in a Sabres crib. I'll swallow my pride, live for another day, and hope the night is filled with boos.

669813[/snapback]

No matter what you do, just be careful and most of all I relly hope you enjoy the game

669736[/snapback]

Reading some of the crazy things Flyer fans write, you'd swear they were brought up in some war torn third world country.

Have many violent fantasies about athletes can you possibly have?

You mean from that site?  the "admins," as you so respectfully refer to them, actually incite it.  One of them was changing newly registered Sabre fans handles...one guy was renamed "Sabrefag48" by a MODERATOR.

669798[/snapback]

Hearing crap like this sure does make me realize how lucky we are here to have an admin as awesome as SDS.