Jimmy Clausen!

bartshan-83

Ahhhhh, nothing like the good old Ron Powlus days. :P Didn't he break his collar bone like 5 times? He was worse than Charles Rodgers is now for the Lions. The Clausen verbal commitment is huge!!! It's going to help bring other 5 Star Athletes back into the fold at the big ND. This is the making of our own dynasty right here. I've seen alot of highscool tape of Clausen and he definitely looks like the real deal. He can make every throw that you could possibly think of. He can throw the ball 50-60 yards down the field on almost a straight line, so that let's you know about what type of arm strength he has. The only thing is that I don't know if he's really the most mobile guy in the world, definitely a pocket passer. He's got one of those quick, rocket releases like Marino. Only time will tell, but we've seen what coach Weis does with quarterbacks (Tom Brady, Brady Quinn). ;) Yes Irish fans, I do believe our future is bright :D

I will promise you this - If he is good enough to start as a true freshman, he's DEAD in his second game out.....a possible night game in front of 110,000 ANGRY Penn State fans with a team that I think may be a serious 2007 national title contender.

that'll be one night you domers won't forget - just ask Troy Smith, AJ Hawk, et al..

:w00t:

Why are they going to be so angry?

Already anticipating the beatdown in South Bend this fall? :blink:

683048[/snapback]

hehe...quite possibly - although I think this fall's game is gonna be closer than next fall in Happy Valley. PSU has a LOT of speed at the skill positions, and I think this game is gonna be a shoot-out, with all the new defensive players that PSU's got (and ND's porous defense to boot).

And again, ask anyone about the Ohio State game last year how much of a difference that crowd can make...heck, you can ask half our draft/free agent class about that.

hehe...quite possibly - although I think this fall's game is gonna be closer than next fall in Happy Valley.  PSU has a LOT of speed at the skill positions, and I think this game is gonna be a shoot-out, with all the new defensive players that PSU's got (and ND's porous defense to boot).

And again, ask anyone about the Ohio State game last year how much of a difference that crowd can make...heck, you can ask half our draft/free agent class about that.

683537[/snapback]

I went to Sad Vally once...I think it was '91. It was a late kickoff, freezing cold, Rick Mirer sucked and the Irish got smoked. :blush: My Dad and I were planning on spending the night in town but were so bummed after the game we just drove home. :angry:

I can't wait for a chance to make up for that one!

The best thing to happen to Ron Powlus was when he broke his collarbone.  In his absense, Kevin McDougal got to start and led us to our NATL title run in 93-94.  HE was fun to watch.

Powlus.... :lol:

682185[/snapback]

We got jipped out of the national title that year by Florida State, remember. We beat Florida State and Charlie Ward one week and then lost to Boston College on a last second field goal. Then they gave Florida State the title over us. It was the biggest rip off I've ever witnessed.

We got jipped out of the national title that year by Florida State, remember. We beat Florida State and Charlie Ward one week and then lost to Boston College on a last second field goal. Then they gave Florida State the title over us. It was the biggest rip off I've ever witnessed.

684248[/snapback]

I remember...everything about that sucked. That BC game basically gift-wrapped Glenn Foley's sad NFL career. It was such a letdown too.

I honestly think though that if we had come out and dominated A&M in the Cotton Bowl, that we would have gotten the title. The 7 pt victory did us in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.