With the 8th selection...

Hawk is a weak side linebacker or inside linebacker. We play a 4-3 therefore dont have an inside linebacker but rather a middle linebacker which Hawk is not. I have no problems releasing Posey, he plays the strong side so Hawk could not play there. If you draft Hawk you would have to move Spikes to the strong side.

665726[/snapback]

Hawk covers a lot of ground. I think he can play any LB position. I think Spikes can too.

For Spikes, you want his range in an outside spot. Probably the same for Hawk. But I've no doubt Spikes would a a fine MLB. Hawk - we will have to wait and see if he lives up to the hype.

Did anyone watch the Oregon-Oklahoma Holiday Bowl? Ngata was handled with ease by a single blocker. I really think Buffalo would be better off trading down and trying to accumulate some draft picks. I don't think Ngata is not all he's hyped up to be.

665389[/snapback]

I absolutely agree with that. Ngata is a smoke screen himself. The Bills brought him in for a visit and will end up trading down with a team like Baltimore because THEY REALLY WANT HIM.

Yes, and that single blocker will be our second round pick after taking Ngata in the 1st....LG Davin Joseph.

665706[/snapback]

Would love to see Joseph there, but it may be Jean-Gilles from UGA. Joseph was a tackle at OU, so it wasn't him blocking Ngata. Still, I love the segue.

I'm not saying what should happen, or what would be financially advantageous to happen... I'm just saying what WILL happen 10 days from now.

665228[/snapback]

I'm so confused. <_<

You say done deal.

Bills WILL draft Ngata.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...59entry665859

This guy says NO WAY will we draft him.

Who do I believe?

Ooooh, who do I believe?

;):w00t:

Did anyone watch the Oregon-Oklahoma Holiday Bowl? Ngata was handled with ease by a single blocker. I really think Buffalo would be better off trading down and trying to accumulate some draft picks. I don't think Ngata is not all he's hyped up to be.

665389[/snapback]

Yes, I watched that game and, like you, I wasn't impressed by Ngata either. He was actually doubled most of the first half but in the second half, you're right, he was handled by a single blocker, which freed up another blocker to block somebody else, and the Sooners started running with great success. Then Ngata got injured and Oregon seemed to start playing better with his replacement in there. Incidentally, that single blocker wasn't Davin Joseph as mentioned above but rather Chris Chester, who is a first day draft prospect himself. Based on that game, I wouldn't draft Ngata any higher than I'd draft Chris Chester, who I like a lot.

The Bills if able should be able to trade down and get a one of the DT's if the Raiders do not take one.

Possibly the 1st one at #10 and add a 4th round pick.

I think the Bills can trade down to #12 and get the 2nd DT Bunkley and another third round pick.

If Justice is there at 8 take him.

Who the Jets take should prompt Marv onto the phone with whatever contingency plan, A,B,C, or D. A is no QB taken, B is one taken, C is two taken. D would be if the Raiders take Ngata or Bunkley. #9 Detroit will likely Justice if he is there. #11 The Rams lost both starting DT's in free agency and could very well take one.

Ferguson, Hawk, and Bush seem to be the players most ready to go at the NFL level and none should get past the Packers.