Good article about Golisano...

Buftex

Not saying Tom G. would be cheap, just don't expect him to buy the team and start throwing his money around if he is not going to get a return on his investment.

How do you know he wouldn't underfund the cap or coaches, The Sabres are operating on a $28-29 million budget put in place by him when the salary cap is over 10 million more then that. He set that limit to ensure that the team will not lose money this year and collect revenue sharing. He may up the budget next year a couple million since they are making a small profit this year, but will not let this team operate in the red. He did not increase ticket prices much (he kept them around a level which the area could still afford) and I would not expect him to increase the Bills ticket prices much either.

He is a very good Buisness man and he knows how to run an efficient buisness. He is not going to go around throwing away his money on shiney things just because he can. He is a self-made Billionaire and thats not typically the way the work. They do not like investing in something without getting a good return on their investment

664397[/snapback]

I think Tom G would be able to maximize revenue like he did with the Sabres. He could introduce variable pricing - Home Opener / Miami vs late Dec game. He could introduce more price tiers. He could probably break up the lower bowl into 4-5 tiers - between the 25's, from 25's to goal line, corners, end zones.

I think there's plenty that could be done to generate more revenue with this team to make it break even and generate a profit.

For what it's worth. The Bulldog on WGR has metioned that there might be as many as 4 local groups willing to buy the Bills.

I'd love to Golisanio buy them but he might not be our only hope.

664651[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. But, the NFL owners seem more reluctant to admit "owner groups" into their little fraternity. I just picture the fiasco Buffalo sports fans went through, just prior to Golisanos' purchase of the Sabres...

Yeah, you're right.  But, the NFL owners seem more reluctant to admit "owner groups" into their little fraternity.  I just picture the fiasco Buffalo sports fans went through, just prior to Golisanos' purchase of the Sabres...

To address the post to which you're replying, no Golisano isn't the ONLY hope of keeping the team in Buffalo, but IMHO he represents the best hope.

And while there is a principal owner for each team, they are mostly ownership groups. I know that several of Kraft's family members own a part of the team, and Snyder's father owns part of the Redskins.

know that several of Kraft's family members own a part of the team, and Snyder's father owns part of the Redskins.

664970[/snapback]

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! FIGHT FOR OLD DC!

Braves on the warpath! ONTO VIC-TO-RYYYYY!

WHO-AHHHHH!

Bob Rich and Jeremy Jacobs are each billionaires as well.  Although neither seems to have the drive that Golisano has.

664677[/snapback]

Anyone who lives (or has lived) in the Boston area knows Jeremy Jacobs is not the sort of owner you want for your team. Of course, he's better than nothing, but he'd be my (and hopefully YOUR) last choice.

Besides, I doubt he even makes a bid for the team when they go on sale. It would require him selling the Bruins, which he LIKELY won't do due to his interests in the Banknorth Garden (formerly Fleet Center) and the almost guaranteed profits most people speculate the Bruins bring him.