The Vikings are sheduling a visit with QB Cutler.

In the end the difference between a # 8 pick & #17 is the #8 will be a Pro bowl player for years to come (hopefully), while #17 will be very solidly average.

655137[/snapback]

Your point is an example of what I meant by

...emotionally very difficult to get past is the BIG names...

It all comes down to percentages. The earlier the pick, the more likely he will become a Pro bowl player. I won't bother researching bust names from high in previous drafts nor boom names from lower down....we all know this occurs, it's the frequency in which it occurs that is the issue.

The 'Trade Value Chart' attempts to match the odds of getting a Pro bowl player at each pick by putting a numeric value to the pick. In a deep draft such as this, those numbers lower into the second & third rounds should be higher since the odds for a Pro bowler is assumed to be increased. Same with the top 8 if there are higher than average studs(which there are in this draft).

Simply, I don't think we should throw away a potential handful of solid/Pro players for one potential Pro/solid player if the opportunity is there.

It all comes down to percentages. :(

Bunkley DT from FSU could be there at 17, Tamba Hali DE from Penn State will definately be there so will Kiwanuka from BC.

My question is who would we snag at #48 and is that player along with the 17th pick going to make a bigger impact this yr than if we draft any of the players you mentioned. I would stay at 8.

655742[/snapback]

I read a report the other day that Bunkley has met with Baltimore (picking at #13) so there is some doubt he'd be there at 17. In terms of Tamba Hall, he might be there but not sure why we'd pursue him as he has Right DE/3rd down pass rusher written all over him and with Schobel on the roster not sure I'd use a 1st Rounder on a one down player. If we do trade down to #17, then I could see taking Mathias Kiwanuka to play Left DE. Personally though I'd stick at pick #8 and take Huff or as mentioned trade down to #11 and hope Bunkley's still available or consider Winston Justice (although I still think he's going to end up being another Willie Anderson) or possibly Jimmy Williams (to play S) or Chad Greenway but to be honest rather stick at #8.