We could get the Best at 3 Positions

I think it's entirely possible that the Bills will get the #1 player at 3 positions in this draft.

To do that, you take Ngata DT, or Michael Huff SS in RD#1. Both very doable at #8, and both upgrade our defense now. Right now I'd choose Huff but would have ngata problem with Ngata. (I'm assuming Hawk is gone)

You take Spencer OG, Jason Allen FS or D'Qwell Jackson MLB in RD#2. Spencer is the obvious choice to start right now, and Allen second, who'd be a #1 pick if not for his injury at Tennessee. But London may need more than Crowell waiting in the wings. I'd choose Spencer if he's still around at our pick (I'm assuming Mangold is gone).

You take Matt Bernstein FB in Round #4 (many drafts even project him in RD#5 because fewer teams use the 2-back set). Here's a chance to grab a solid FB. Sorry I'm not sold on Goldsberry as heir apparent to Shelton.

Heck, take Virginia's Connor Hughes and get the #1 kicker in Round 6.

------

I know, let the draft come to me. Well, this is too much fun!

:lol:

What makes you think Bernstein is a better fullback than Goldsberry? You might as well play a guard or tackle as Bernstein. He has no speed, very marginal blocker, less than average hands. Goldsberry has speed, great hands (dropped no balls in pro days, dropped very few in training camp, none in pre season games and is a better blocker than Berstein. Give the guy a chance!!! He can also help in special teams where Bernstein would be limited. I also watched them both for 4 years and Goldsberry is the better package. :rolleyes:

They say for the money that Vickers from Colorado is the #1 FB on the board, according to Mel Kiper. It all depends on what you want, a pure blocker or a receiving FB with decent speed. I do like Bernstein he is very physical and would help Willis alot in the future. I also like the way the Steelers used Haynes, he steps in and gets some tough yards, thats the type of FB Vickers is.

You take Matt Bernstein FB in Round #4 (many drafts even project him in RD#5 because fewer teams use the 2-back set). Here's a chance to grab a solid FB. Sorry I'm not sold on Goldsberry as heir apparent to Shelton.

654628[/snapback]

B'gals RFA FB Jeremi Johnson is still unsigned. Teriffic blocker (ask Rudi Johnson and Carson Palmer). Good hands (3 receiving tds last year - 1 less than Moulds :lol: ).

He was offered the RFA minimum 717K contract by the B'gals, and carries a 4th round penalty.

There's a chance to grab a solid FB... :rolleyes:

The Packers could; they have similar needs in the same positions.

And they draft before we do.

Watch their picks carefully; ML will be.

660341[/snapback]

BGIM did a bang-up job for the Pack in that 3 round TSW mock a few months ago - he snagged Hawk, Guard Max Gilles-whatever, and S Whitner. :rolleyes:

Just speculation/paranoia, but I think CLE zapped us a few years ago in picking C Faine, and then DAL diddled us in a later year, selecting TE Witten. :lol:

Jason Allen is a corner - to those who have watched him. To those who know nothing about him except what they read off some guru site, he gets listed as a safety...

and NFL teams are gonna figure that out and Allen is almost certainly going round 1 at corner.

Guy Whimper played OT last year and in the Hula Bowl. He is probably the most athletic OT prospect in this draft behind Brick, and there is no way in heIl he is lasting until round 7.

I'm sorry, i just don't think Ngata transfers well to the NFL. He didn't even play every down at Oregon and often slacks off on some plays. Against USC he was dominated on the inside and with a Cover 2 you want a good pass rush from your linemen. He does not have that capability.

So please people, PLEASE, forget about Ngata.

I think it's entirely possible that the Bills will get the #1 player at 3 positions in this draft.

To do that, you take Ngata DT, or Michael Huff SS in RD#1. Both very doable at #8, and both upgrade our defense now. Right now I'd choose Huff but would have ngata problem with Ngata. (I'm assuming Hawk is gone)

You take Spencer OG, Jason Allen FS or D'Qwell Jackson MLB in RD#2. Spencer is the obvious choice to start right now, and Allen second, who'd be a #1 pick if not for his injury at Tennessee. But London may need more than Crowell waiting in the wings. I'd choose Spencer if he's still around at our pick (I'm assuming Mangold is gone).

Heck, take Virginia's Connor Hughes and get the #1 kicker in Round 6.

------

I know, let the draft come to me. Well, this is too much fun!

654628[/snapback]

My take:

1- Who knows if Ngata is better than Bunkley or anybody else?

2 - Spencer is NOT the the best OG in the draft according to many "experts"

3 - Allen may not be there in Round 2, and isn't Huff the better prospect?

4 - Bernstein is considered a reach at 4; I doubt a rookie will start, even as a FB.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm

This is an interesting take on Bunkley. I link them not because I think they are the most authoritative site, but because it's an interesting perspective, it seems intelligent and we haven't really talked about Bunkley being so similar to Triplett. I'm thinking Huff now even thoughI don't like S as much as like a Justice.