One thing that just occurred to me on Moulds

Everyone hates that we only got a 5th but loves the cap room it created....but there was one other benefit....

It gets Eric away from us.....

Who is to say that if we would have just cut Eric he wouldnt have wanted revenge and turned into a Patriot

It very well could have happened.....his salary with the Texans wasnt THAT big.....and playing for a recent SB champ might have lured him there.....

There there was NO plan to keep him on the team then in the end the bills did the right thing getting the 5th, getting him out of the division, and creating the cap room.

hmmmmm

We could still package that 5th and move up......

That scared me too. It seemed that when Eric had a chip on his shoulder he came out and played lights out. I believe that sucker would have chalked up 125 and a score on us if he went to the Pats. Than he would go back to be his average self.

Everyone hates that we only got a 5th but loves the cap room it created....but there was one other benefit....

Who is to say that if we would have just cut Eric he wouldnt have wanted revenge and turned into a Patriot

It very well could have happened.....his salary with the Texans wasnt THAT big.....and playing for a recent SB champ might have lured him there.....

There there was NO plan to keep him on the team then in the end the bills did the right thing getting the 5th, getting him out of the division, and creating the cap room.

hmmmmm

I would mind him playing against us.  He is a quitter~

652925[/snapback]

652945[/snapback]

Sorry guys but I am of the few who feel Eric needed to go. I even have a different perspective that many might not thought of....

Eric wouldnt take a pay cut scheduled to make ateleast 7 mil ove the next 2 years base pay. Yet he takes a 3.5 mil a year job with the texans over 4. even if the wanted him to make 4.5 mil base this year hes still making 1 mil more than his houston deal.

Its not about going to a winning team because he could have been cut and went to any team he wanted too.

In Buffalo he wanted to be the goto guy and believes hes a number 1 receiver but is going to Houston to be number 2.

I think the underlying thing here and I could be reaching on this is I dont believe that Eric wanted JP at Qb and he might have been told there is a chance that JP could be the starter and no guarantee that he wouldnt be. Which means to Eric that there would still be inconsitency at the QB position so he goes to Houston because Carr is the starter and he might feel that Andre and him can make carr even better but for they very least of next year he knows its one guy not 2 or three.

hmmmmm

652925[/snapback]

I think getting a fifth pick for Moulds is a bonus.....with the cap room it created we will be able to land even more talent at a position of greater need- than for a (at this stage in his career)possession receiver such as Moulds.

It's either keep Moulds or get the fifth rounder and the cap room to add more players- I'll take the latter.

If Houston actually gets untracked and Carr, Bush and Johnson start getting some glory....it will be interesting to see how Moulds is able to handle being in the background.

I think we left money on the table and talked ourselves into a bargaining position that was less than optimal.

That being said we did free up a lot of money, got rid of a aging (but very good) player who was more trouble than he was worth, and got a fifth round pick.

Overall its an acceptable outcome but we should learn a little about keeping our mouths shut and maximizing our bargaining position in these kinds of situations.

The only thing that will make Carr look good is o-line help, its hard to make a pass when your under a 300lb lineman 2/3's of the game.

What I find funny is Moulds has no problem going to pretty much the same situation he is in now for less money. Houston has

- no o-line (that they haven't tried to fix much)

- a questionable QB (that could be solved by fixing the o-line)

- New Head coach (one with less experience)

- Young WR who will be the go-to guy

He even says he is willing to help Andre along and kind of be a mentor to him. He could have done that with Evans in Buffalo too (thats pretty much what he was supposed to do now in Buffalo)

His motives to go there seem to be just to get a change in scenery (or to experience other strip clubs)