So far on draft weekend we have 10 picks

The lines, people.  Gotta work the lines.

1. OT (perhaps trade down for Marcus McNeill, if his back checks out)

2. DT (gotta find an "over tackle" to go with Triplett)

3. DE (Chicago may have matched us on the signing of what's-his-face, but we're still looking to replace the white, high-motor LDEs we have)

3. OG

4. OG

5. DT

5. WR or QB

6. DT

7. OT

7. CB

652866[/snapback]

Line help is critical, but we also need to keep one eye on the future - possible loss of Clements next year, Troy Vincent getting old(er), Spikes not 100%. So if there are good players at these positions earlier in the draft, we should go for them.

The lines, people.  Gotta work the lines.

1. OT (perhaps trade down for Marcus McNeill, if his back checks out)

2. DT (gotta find an "over tackle" to go with Triplett)

3. DE (Chicago may have matched us on the signing of what's-his-face, but we're still looking to replace the white, high-motor LDEs we have)

3. OG

4. OG

5. DT

5. WR or QB

6. DT

7. OT

7. CB

652866[/snapback]

You do, but this thing won't be built in a day and in the meantime you need playmakers to build on. If Huff makes our secondary scary-good instead of a slight liability, you do it. Vincent, Huff, McGee and Clements would terrorize defenses. You're talking four guys with corner smarts and ability hawking the ball.

The more I think about it, the more sold I am on Huff if we don't get a trade down. If Marv and co. see something differently and find the next Levi Jones or Dwight Freeney or something (a so-called reach that works), I'm fine with it.