For Draftniks Only.

...I sure would try and create interest in the #1 pick. The Titans would be a perfect trade partner for them but as of now, why should Tennessee trade with them? Everyone is assuming that Houston is taking Bush and the Saints select either Super Mario or Ferguson or trade down. This would allow Leinart to fall right into the lap of Norman Chow and the Titans. Houston should fuel the fire a little then maybe they could be the recipient of the same type of scenario but only with it being Bush. Who says that they really want Bush? They do have a very adequate RB in Dominick Davis. Even if the Texans did trade with the Titans and weren't able to get Bush they still have alot of other needs. The #3 pick would still net them a very big bluechipper, have to pay less money for a #3 pick vs a #1, and have more picks from the trade down to use for other areas of need. With New Orleans being the only team that wouldn't have to compensate more to trade up, the cost for the other 29 teams just gets more and more expensive the further that they are away from the #1 pick. Example; If the Raiders were to want Leinart, how much more would they have to compensate the Texans than Tennessee? It would be considerably more and thus might be too costly. The best thing that Houston could do is to get the Jets on the phone and gauge their interest, and if they are, then let it "leak" out. The Raiders, Vikings, and Denver also could have interest and the capability to make a decent trade partner. With Denver and Minnesota, Houston would have to cut them a deal. Both teams have 2 first round picks. This would be the bulk or strength of the trade. If Tennessee were to start believing that Houston would seriously consider the multiple 1st rders plus other compensation, like veteran player(s) and/or other draft picks in this year's draft and next year's, then this should get Tennessee motivated. Unless Houston really wants Bush, I think I really like Tennessee's positioning in this draft. It might be in the Texans best interest to not to make it so comfortable for the Titans.

If I was Houston I would be taking Mario Williams in a heart beat. That team seriously needs a pass rusher.

650549[/snapback]

They seriously need a team. Honestly, the are even worse at OL then us, and they have no pass rush either. the last thing the team needs is skill players.

...I sure would try and create interest in the #1 pick. The Titans would be a perfect trade partner for them but as of now, why should Tennessee trade with them? Everyone is assuming that Houston is taking Bush and the Saints select either Super Mario or Ferguson or trade down. This would allow Leinart to fall right into the lap of Norman Chow and the Titans. Houston should fuel the fire a little then maybe they could be the recipient of the same type of scenario but only with it being Bush. Who says that they really want Bush? They do have a very adequate RB in Dominick Davis. Even if the Texans did trade with the Titans and weren't able to get Bush they still have alot of other needs. The #3 pick would still net them a very big bluechipper, have to pay less money for a #3 pick vs a #1, and have more picks from the trade down to use for other areas of need. With New Orleans being the only team that wouldn't have to compensate more to trade up, the cost for the other 29 teams just gets more and more expensive the further that they are away from the #1 pick. Example; If the Raiders were to want Leinart, how much more would they have to compensate the Texans than Tennessee? It would be considerably more and thus might be too costly. The best thing that Houston could do is to get the Jets on the phone and gauge their interest, and if they are, then let it "leak" out. The Raiders, Vikings, and Denver also could have interest and the capability to make a decent trade partner. With Denver and Minnesota, Houston would have to cut them a deal. Both teams have 2 first round picks. This would be the bulk or strength of the trade. If Tennessee were to start believing that Houston would seriously consider the multiple 1st rders plus other compensation, like veteran player(s) and/or other draft picks in this year's draft and next year's, then this should get Tennessee motivated. Unless Houston really wants Bush, I think I really like Tennessee's positioning in this draft. It might be in the Texans best interest to not to make it so comfortable for the Titans.

650299[/snapback]

And to think we could have been in Tennessee's position at #3 had we lost the Bengal game last year :doh:

And to think we could have been in Tennessee's position at #3 had we lost the Bengal game last year :doh:

650568[/snapback]

Actually I like our position better than Tennessee's.

We pay our pick less money for one.

Two we wont be pressured to take a QB or what not at the three spot because Brick could be gone and I'm not sold on him anyway.

I think the talent is just as good at #8.

Sometimes teams want to trade down but can't when there in the top 5. Bills have a better chance of trading down than the Titans do.

To me I love the #8 spot for us. There is a lot we can do sitting here.

Don't worry if after 8 games they aren't Pro Bowl Material they are a bust anyway

Houston should look to get out of that spot cause they need alot of help on that team. Problem is they cannot pass on Bush with the #1 pick cause the fans would show up at the stadium demanding a complete front office resignation. An O-lineman doesn't sell Jerseys like a stud RB does. That is why they should trade out to another team for more picks. Bush would be an upgrade at RB for them, but that is not what they need right now to win.

Actually I like our position better than Tennessee's.

We pay our pick less money for one.

Two we wont be pressured to take a QB or what not at the three spot because Brick could be gone and I'm not sold on him anyway.

I think the talent is just as good at #8.

Sometimes teams want to trade down but can't  when there in the top 5. Bills have a better chance of trading down than the Titans do.

To me I love the #8 spot for us. There is a lot we can do sitting here.

650569[/snapback]

I dont I would rather be in the top 5, but to each his own. We would like to have a chance at a Hawk or Williams, who cares about the money is it coming out of your pocket.

I do like that Houston is acting like they may be interested in Vince Young. It shows that they aren't only interested in Bush. This might be the nudge to get Tennessee going. I expect that all of a "sudden" Houston starts more and more bluffs with other players and teams. These next few weeks are going to be great!

If i were the texans, i would look strongly at Bush with their pick. if they choose to not draft bush, they should trade down to nothing below the 15th overall pick. i would also demand that teams next year 1st rounder, and a 2nd rounder this year. that would give you 1 extra pick this year, and one extra 1st rounder next year. they need to make serious improvements to several positions.