New job for Frank Reich

Yes this is true and not an April fools joke. He's really excited about the opportunity to be a Pastor. In today's Charlotte Observer:

Former NFL player named senior pastor

An athlete-turned-pastor whose name still resonates among Charlotte sports fans has a new job.

Frank Reich has resigned as president of the Charlotte campus of Reformed Theological Seminary to become senior pastor of Cornerstone Presbyterian, a 70-member Associate Reformed Presbyterian congregation at 9925 Providence Road West in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte. His ordination/installation is set for April 23.

Reich, 44, was named seminary president in 2003. He's still best known to many as the former University of Maryland and NFL quarterback who once played for the Carolina Panthers.

Why the move?

"I just have a tremendous burden and urge to teach and preach and shepherd," Reich said. "I just want to be on the front lines."

Yes, now maybe we have a direct line to the guy upstairs and we might see less heartbreaks and screw jobs in the future. Reich left on good terms in Buffalo didn't he????

649747[/snapback]

Yes he did. Got the Ralph Wilson Jr. award last November at OBD.

Was Glenn Parker available for comment??

649748[/snapback]

Haven't seen him comment on anything since he got booted from the NFL network.

I thought he was pretty good, just got ahead of himself from time to time.

Dang. Our church needs a pastor...if I had known he was shopping...Yeah, I know, I doubt he'd want to come back to New York...

Or to put it in Wall-Speak: "Man, my session is the worst session in the Presbytery. We had a chance to bring in a name free agent and they took a pass on it."

Seriously though, good for him.

Not really relevent here, but after we left Fredonia, I grew up about four miles from where that church is. I can't even find my way around there anymore, all the roads have been rerouted. Kind of sucks...

Not really relevent here, but after we left Fredonia, I grew up about four miles from where that church is. I can't even find my way around there anymore, all the roads have been rerouted. Kind of sucks...

650075[/snapback]

Yeah the growth in Charlotte is amazing and traffic is a nightmare.