My Worthless Two Cents

Virgil

I agree with most except the great coach part about Mularkey.

I think that Mularkey is the worst head coach in the history of this franchise. Yes-worse than Gregg Williams, Hank Bullough, Kay Stephenson, Jim Ringo, Harvey Johnson and John Rauch (who also quit abruptly).

Here's why-he basically did everything a head coach can do to screw this team.

Among the things he did was almost single handedly try to destroy the career of JP Losman by jerking him around so much, taking away Moulds in a game where he was needed the most-a home game against NE where JP got banged up because there was only 1 receiving threat. Then benching him for the season.

He didn't treat Holcomb much better, starting Mike Williams at G after a week of practice which resulted in Holcomb getting a cxoncussion.

Showing zero respect for veteran players who were here before he arrived. Telling Sam Adams that the team had a better chance to win with Bannan & Sape than him and making Sam a healthy deactivation, which PO'd him to the point that he left before the start of a game.

Wanting to suspend Moulds for the season. Any time the owner has to come in to talk to a player and overrule the coach on a suspension shows the coach is out of control.

Even when he left, he was bad at doing it. He fires almost half his assistants, then he stays, then he goes. Then he gets a job with the most hated team in Buffalo, the Dolphins.

Some coaches may have had worse records, but they didn't leave a trail of damage to the team like Mularkey did. That's why not only isn't he a great coach, he's the worst coach in Bills' history-and that is really saying a lot considering the losers that preceeded him here.

Nice post Virgil. Welcome to the Monkey House (we have one who likes to toss his poop, too!).

While a I disagree with about half of your post, i like and respect your style and opinions.