Immigration

Just when I thought you couldn't sink any lower on the credibility scale, you throw in a "what would Jesus do".  So at this point I'm a racist and a sinner because I don't want to let everyone in the world take advantage of the great benefits this country has to offer.  The benefits that AMERICANS fought so hard to achieve.  If you do not feel like your country is offering you a decent life (Cuba and Mexico as example), fight for your freedom and improve your country.  America is the land of opportunity because people were willing to fight and sacrifice to build it. 

It is a slippery slope once you start justifying illegal activity to better your life.

644274[/snapback]

Oh I wished I lived in the black and white world you live in, would be a lot simpler, got to admit.

But sitting in the front of the bus, going to a whites only restaruant, going on strike to protest unfair labor conditions etc. We can go down the list about when illegal activity is justified and when it is not.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably shouldn't have used the probably racist term, got pissed by VA bills response to my original post, your right that was over the top, don't know him/her so I shouldn't make the judgement.

644057[/snapback]

Thanks for keeping this debate civil.

Here is a point a would like to hear once in a while:

If the government and people of Mexico worked as hard to improve their own country, instead of focusing all their energy into sneaking into another country, they could be a strong country financially.Fox’s whole platform is based on whining about another country’s laws and borders.

What a loser.

They have a ton of natural resources. For example, they have some of the largest oil reserves in the world, just waiting to be tapped. But their government is so mired down in bickering and corruption nothing every gets done.Plus they could get twice the money they currently get from tourism, if people didn’t have to worry about getting kidnapped and killed the moment the step two feet away from their resort. Or get arrested by Mexican police who shake them down for money.

In terms of location, they have the best spot in the world, Right next to the world’s economic superpower, and they squander it. Canada seems to be doing fine. What’s the difference?

You have no hope for me??  Wow, you're the lost cause.  Please tell me how someone can be illegal and not a criminal at the same time.  If anything you belong in the undocumented worker camp.  If so that's your thoughts.  Mine, obviously are very different.  Why should we continue to let them in without following proper channels?  The crowd our schools, fill our hospitals, supress wages and send billions of dollars home each year.  They send it home, support thier families there and when they have enough they go back to finish their lives there.  They use us, our system and thumb their noses at us as they retire back on the hacienda.  What a sap you are, and they know it.

644098[/snapback]

Now there is an exaggeration on what they get out of it. And if our slime bag business folks didn't hire them in the first place there wouldn't be any incentive to enter the U.S.

I am not denying that those problems exist and they should learn English, history and pay taxes, but until our immigrations laws and border entry is addressed, what you do, put them all in prison, that costs even more of my tax dollars? Quit the name calling and propose a real solution.

If the government and people of Mexico worked as hard to improve their own country, instead of focusing all their energy into sneaking into another country, they could be a strong country financially.Fox’s whole platform is based on whining about another country’s laws and borders.

What a loser.

They have a ton of natural resources. For example, they have some of the largest oil reserves in the world, just waiting to be tapped. But their government is so mired down in bickering and corruption nothing every gets done.Plus they could get twice the money they currently get from tourism, if people didn’t have to worry about getting kidnapped and killed the moment the step two feet away from their resort. Or get arrested by Mexican police who shake them down for money.

In terms of location, they have the best spot in the world, Right next to the world’s economic superpower, and they squander it. Canada seems to be doing fine. What’s the difference?

644333[/snapback]

That part I agree with, but kinda of like Buffalo now, there system is so corrupt, short of a revolution or a serious viable good government group taking over, it isn't going to happen. We can wish for it, but all we can change is our side of the border, unless you propose invading.

What a loser.

644333[/snapback]

Some good points, even if they ruffle feathers. I think a lot of the world has simply gotten used to the US solving their "hard" problems for them. As this goes on, there are probably plenty of people in Mexico going "so what?". A lot of Europe comes to mind. I take their grumbling about us with a grain of salt.

Just when I thought you couldn't sink any lower on the credibility scale, you throw in a "what would Jesus do".  So at this point I'm a racist and a sinner because I don't want to let everyone in the world take advantage of the great benefits this country has to offer.  The benefits that AMERICANS fought so hard to achieve.  If you do not feel like your country is offering you a decent life (Cuba and Mexico as example), fight for your freedom and improve your country.  America is the land of opportunity because people were willing to fight and sacrifice to build it. 

It is a slippery slope once you start justifying illegal activity to better your life.

644274[/snapback]

Psalms 82:3-4 : Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. 4 Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked.

That part I agree with, but kinda of like Buffalo now, there system is so corrupt, short of a revolution or a serious viable good government group taking over, it isn't going to happen.  We can wish for it, but all we can change is our side of the border, unless you propose invading.

644338[/snapback]

I think they are the ones doing the invading in this scenerio!

Oh I wished I lived in the black and white world you live in, would be a lot simpler, got to admit.

But sitting in the front of the bus, going to a whites only restaruant, going on strike to protest unfair labor conditions etc.  We can go down the list about when illegal activity is justified and when it is not.

644330[/snapback]

Are you really comparing Blacks that were brought here against their will, treated like property, beaten, lynched, etc. to people sneaking into this country illegally and reaping the benefits of free health care, welfare and civil rights? Not all illegal immigrants are here to work hard and send money to their families. There is a huge problem with illegal immigrant gang members and criminals. You choose to ignore the huge negatives that come with illegal immigration.

Now there is an exaggeration on what they get out of it. And if our slime bag business folks didn't hire them in the first place there wouldn't be any incentive to enter the U.S.

I am not denying that those problems exist and they should learn English, history and pay taxes, but until our immigrations laws and border entry is addressed, what you do, put them all in prison, that costs even more of my tax dollars?  Quit the name calling and propose a real solution.

644334[/snapback]

Name calling?? I called you a sap, wow, thin skinned aren't we. That's why the illegals take advantage of you. A solution? Here ya go:

Yes, enforce all the laws. The ones against hiring illegals as well as deporting the illegals. Then build the fence and protect our border, you do believe in borders don't you? No guest worker program, that will just open the floodgates. If we can't enforce the laws now, what makes you think we'll be able to get them back to their home countries when their "visa" runs out.

No cities allowed to call themselves sanctuaries (ie Maywood CA). That should be considered harboring criminals (they are illegal, remember). And if Maywood wants to consider itself a sactuary is it just for Latinos or can anyone be safe there? Next, religious institutions will try to do the same....think mosques.

You must take away the incentive for them to come. First, yes no jobs. We need to crack down on employers. Second, no free health care. You must be a citizen to be treated. Third, no automatic citizenship to children born here of illegals. Children of illegals are illegal until they follow proper channels. Once they have then the illegal chain is broken. Do you have any idea how many women come over here pregnant to have their child born a citizen. Once that happens the saps like you feel so sorry for them. "We can't doport the parents and separate them from their citizen children." Fourth, no free schooling for illegal children (see three). Main reason schools suck here in CA, overcrowding with children who can't speak the language. Fifth, tax all money sent to foreign countries. Do you realize that latinos send BILLIONS of dollars each year home? That is money taken out of our economy.

Can we get rid of the millions that are now here? Tough one, can't round them up and ship them back. However we must stop the flood in. Where do you live? Do you see it, do you experience it, do you live it everyday like I do? I live in southern CA and have been here for nearly 25 years. I've worked in the restaurant biz, I was part of the problem, now I want to be part of the solution. I've seen it grow from a small problem to a massive one in those 25 years. I shudder to think what it will be like in 25 more if nothing is done.

Those are my solutions. What are yours, quoting the bible? :doh:

Psalms 82:3-4 : Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. 4 Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked.

644359[/snapback]

I am an Athiest, thank God. I'm not saying the bible can't be used to support your argument. Or the argument against gay rights and womens rights for that matter. I just think it is a BS way to support you claims. But you have allready showed that you have no shame with your racist claim.

Name calling??  I called you a sap, wow, thin skinned aren't we.  That's why the illegals take advantage of you.  A solution?  Here ya go:

Yes, enforce all the laws.  The ones against hiring illegals as well as deporting the illegals.  Then build the fence and protect our border, you do believe in borders don't you?  No guest worker program, that will just open the floodgates. If we can't enforce the laws now, what makes you think we'll be able to get them back to their home countries when their "visa" runs out. 

No cities allowed to call themselves sanctuaries (ie Maywood CA).  That should be considered harboring criminals (they are illegal, remember).  And if Maywood wants to consider itself a sactuary is it just for Latinos or can anyone be safe there?  Next, religious institutions will try to do the same....think mosques.

You must take away the incentive for them to come.  First, yes no jobs.  We need to crack down on employers.  Second, no free health care.  You must be a citizen to be treated.  Third, no automatic citizenship to children born here of illegals.  Children of illegals are illegal until they follow proper channels.  Once they have then the illegal chain is broken.  Do you have any idea how many women come over here pregnant to have their child born a citizen.  Once that happens the saps like you feel so sorry for them.  "We can't doport the parents and separate them from their citizen children."  Fourth, no free schooling for illegal children (see three). Main reason schools suck here in CA, overcrowding with children who can't speak the language.  Fifth, tax all money sent to foreign countries.  Do you realize that latinos send BILLIONS of dollars each year home?  That is money taken out of our economy.

Can we get rid of the millions that are now here?  Tough one, can't round them up and ship them back.  However we must stop the flood in.  Where do you live?  Do you see it, do you experience it, do you live it everyday like I do?  I live in southern CA and have been here for nearly 25 years. I've worked in the restaurant biz, I was part of the problem, now I want to be part of the solution.  I've seen it grow from a small problem to a massive one in those 25 years.  I shudder to think what it will be like in 25 more if nothing is done. 

Those are my solutions.  What are yours, quoting the bible?  :doh:

644389[/snapback]

One problem, that whole 14th amerndment issue. Sorry Chef, whether I agree or not with anything you say, right now children born in this country are US citizens unless you have a host country agreement, kind of like the military does with kids born overseas.

Name calling??  I called you a sap, wow, thin skinned aren't we.  That's why the illegals take advantage of you.  A solution?  Here ya go:

Yes, enforce all the laws.  The ones against hiring illegals as well as deporting the illegals.  Then build the fence and protect our border, you do believe in borders don't you?  No guest worker program, that will just open the floodgates. If we can't enforce the laws now, what makes you think we'll be able to get them back to their home countries when their "visa" runs out. 

No cities allowed to call themselves sanctuaries (ie Maywood CA).  That should be considered harboring criminals (they are illegal, remember).  And if Maywood wants to consider itself a sactuary is it just for Latinos or can anyone be safe there?  Next, religious institutions will try to do the same....think mosques.

You must take away the incentive for them to come.  First, yes no jobs.  We need to crack down on employers.  Second, no free health care.  You must be a citizen to be treated.  Third, no automatic citizenship to children born here of illegals.  Children of illegals are illegal until they follow proper channels.  Once they have then the illegal chain is broken.  Do you have any idea how many women come over here pregnant to have their child born a citizen.  Once that happens the saps like you feel so sorry for them.  "We can't doport the parents and separate them from their citizen children."  Fourth, no free schooling for illegal children (see three). Main reason schools suck here in CA, overcrowding with children who can't speak the language.  Fifth, tax all money sent to foreign countries.  Do you realize that latinos send BILLIONS of dollars each year home?  That is money taken out of our economy.

Can we get rid of the millions that are now here?  Tough one, can't round them up and ship them back.  However we must stop the flood in.  Where do you live?  Do you see it, do you experience it, do you live it everyday like I do?  I live in southern CA and have been here for nearly 25 years. I've worked in the restaurant biz, I was part of the problem, now I want to be part of the solution.  I've seen it grow from a small problem to a massive one in those 25 years.  I shudder to think what it will be like in 25 more if nothing is done. 

Those are my solutions.  What are yours, quoting the bible?  :doh:

644389[/snapback]

Amen brother!

Can we get rid of the millions that are now here? Tough one, can't round them up and ship them back.

12 cars?

As with anything else, those not affected by something are usually the ones in favor of telling those who are what they need to do. I was sort of surprised at just how much Latino gang violence there is here in Alexandria and Arlington. Bastions of the liberal left as they are. But, this is also the place that has literally spent millions building shelters for the day laborers to hang out in waiting for their pick up truck ride to the job site. I'll leave the details to VA Bills, as this is one of his peeves.

12 cars?

As with anything else, those not affected by something are usually the ones in favor of telling those who are what they need to do. I was sort of surprised at just how much Latino gang violence there is here in Alexandria and Arlington. Bastions of the liberal left as they are. But, this is also the place that has literally spent millions building shelters for the day laborers to hang out in waiting for their pick up truck ride to the job site. I'll leave the details to VA Bills, as this is one of his peeves.

644399[/snapback]

Complete with computers so they can surf while waiting for jobs, come inside watch TV, eat, and have government people ensuring that they are hired for specific amounts of money and that they get paid.

Woohoo what a deal. All at a cost of 1.8 million per building and Fairfax has one done and completing the other soon.

Yeah, gotta love what they do with your tax dollars. :doh::P

Complete with computers so they can surf while waiting for jobs, come inside watch TV, eat, and have government people ensuring that they are hired for specific amounts of money and that they get paid. 

Woohoo what a deal.  All at a cost of 1.8 million per building and Fairfax has one done and completing the other soon. 

Yeah, gotta love what they do with your tax dollars.  :doh:  :P

644406[/snapback]

I don't get it at all. I guess it keeps them from pissing and crapping in the alleys like they do here. :D

12 cars?

644399[/snapback]

Got to do something with them, the companies that hire them don't, mostly construction.

Hey the Gang problem is serious there, but it is either the liberal solution of reaching out and breaking the gangs up or the right wing solution of throwing them in jail or the suburban solution of turning your back and ignoring them until they break into your house. In Arlington and Alexandria it is the Asian Gangs that are the most violent, the latinos just have a couple of screwballs that go on rape binges on the bike trails.

Either way it is going to cost you.

Got to do something with them, the companies that hire them don't, mostly construction.

Hey the Gang problem is serious there, but it is either the liberal solution of reaching out and breaking the gangs up or the right wing solution of throwing them in jail or the suburban solution of turning your back and ignoring them until they break into your house.  In Arlington and Alexandria it is the Asian Gangs that are the most violent, the latinos just have a couple of screwballs that go on rape binges on the bike trails.

Either way it is going to cost you.

644430[/snapback]

I think things have changed since you left. The Latino thing has really picked up. They are "affiliated" now.