JP Johnson

You need to be here so we can beat you bloody if the Bills pick Vinnie.  :D

640741[/snapback]

:lol::P:P

Hey I'll be here defending my boy, but at least I won't declare myself 100% correct. :lol:

While I believe he's going to be a great pro, there's always a chance that he's gonna fail.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-The Bills signing of Craig Nall cannot be a vote of confidence for JP. It is still too early to judge JP and if he will be a bust or not. He needs more experience and a good offensive line in front of him. But i am biting my tongue because he was drafted by that GM guru, Tom donohoe. Which means he probably is another bust! Does Losman remind Bills fan of another player from Southern California, with similar size,a great arm, the ability to run, but was indecisive and held onto the ball too long - namely Rob"sack-em" Johnson, who is probably surfing naked with Todd Marinovich at this moment in SoCal.

-The positive about Nall is that he comes from a system that is known for grooming QB's and he has good size. We'll have to wait and see, but JP doesn't look like he has that moxie to be a good QB, or the brains. :lol:

640040[/snapback]

Well the way I see it is that Marv doesn't trust Losman's abilities. Which is just fine with me because he has experience in judging players when he was HC. Just you wait and see, Nall will be the starter.

Id have to say that Losman is a bit more mobile as far as escaping sacks than Johnson was. In fact in 2001, in 8 games he had 31 sacks or 3.8 per game. JP Losman in 2005, in 9 games had 26 sacks or 2.8 per game. Not to mention that that was JP's first year starting and it was Johnsons third year starting (with the Bills anyway). Just my two cents.

The signing of Nall is not an indication that the new braintrust does not have confidence in him. The idea is crystal clear to me-JP was handed a job from what the veterans belive is one of the top 3 qbs in the leaugue(drew Bledsoe). He never earned the respect of his peers because he was given the car and the keys without any competition. They know he will beat out any rookie from the draft coming in so bringing in someone who will fight just as hard for the starting job as Holcomb and JP means that if JP wins he will have the respect to go with it because he competed and the team sees that the best QB won and it was a fair competition.

Personally I see Nall winning the compettition "this year" with JP as the Back up and Holcomb playing third or released.

As far as the comparison to RJ well first-JP is not Brittle. JP is a Leader. JP is smarter than RJ. JP is not the sack target the RJ was. JP is far more talented than RJ. JP hopefully will be ready to show this year hes deserving to be a starter in the NFL. However, I think Nall wins it out this year. JP learns alot this year and will get an oprrotunity next year which will be a prime year for him.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/7611354

I will reiterrate a point that very few on here pay attention to. In JPs first year during preseason he broke his leg he was unable to "practice" for 10-12 weeks. He was off to a great start in preseason giving all of his fans hope that he was going to be a great player. So compile the fact of a player trying t regain preinjury form with the fact that he didnt compete for the starting job and that spells disaster which he faced last season. However, he did improve form the first half starting to the second half starting which indicates he could be ready this year or he might need one more true year to show the greatness he showed during the preseason prior to his leg breaking. All the fans were excite about him, bootlegs, rollouts, his ability to scramble and the crispness he had on the balls. JP had a rookie year last year and i dont fault him for his situation, but what i do state is if he is the starter this year its becasue he truly earned it.

The final thing i will state and you can take it to the bank I know I am 100% right. JP will not be released or traded period. His contract is so cap freindly for our team he could be the third stringer with out us worrying about cap dollars of the QBs. He signed an incentive laden deal which means the more he plays the more he earns the less he plays well the less he earns all 3 qbs are going to make around 1.5 mil this year thats 4.5 mil less than the lowest tiered NFL starting QB alone.

640232[/snapback]

I agree 100%, and also point out that a fair analysis of JP's performance must take into account the Gandy-Anderson-Teague-Villy-Williams/Peters sieve that JP played behind. A tough environment for JP or Holcomb to succeed in.