It's great being a Pats fan

Fred Smerlas on WEEI today:

Regarding loss of Vinitieri - No big deal. Adam was declining anyway. (Curiously, it's exactly what they said when the Red Sox let Roger Clements leave)

Regarding loss of other players - The Patriots have never made a mistake in player personel. And they won't start now.

Regarding lack of activity in free agency - Pats have $20mil to spend. Anybody the Pats sign will be the best player because other teams aren't smart enough to find them.

Regarding Eric Moulds - Pats will "pry" him from Bills because the Bills are dumb enough to be taken advantage of. Also Eric will gladly play for any amount offered to the chance to be a Patriot and get revenge on the Bills.

Predicted 2006 record: 16-0 :doh:

And this is a guy we honor on our Wall of Fame????

PTR

Couldn't be that he still holds a grudge from Marv cutting him...and more recently from Marv not looking at his buddy Haz for the head coach...nah couldn't be.

My gosh, he would never let his personal feelings cloud his balanced, educated and unbiased opinions.

Gave me a laugh--thanks PTR....

from Wikipedia just for laughs...

Quote from CNN/SI - NFL Football "I wanted him to tell me face-to-face what was happening," Smerlas says. "For a while I wanted to head-butt him to death." Smerlas shrugs. "But who wants to tell a 300-pound Greek he has to go?" -Smerlas on being cut by Buffalo Bills coach Marv Levy

Fred Smerlas on WEEI today:

Regarding loss of other players - The Patriots have never made a mistake in player personel.  And they won't start now.

639367[/snapback]

Chad Brown.

Duane Starks.

Monty Beisel.

How did those signings -- all from last offseason -- work out?

(Hint: I believe Beisel is the only one still with the team...)

WEEI has a history of having Patriot Homey's. If not Eddie the A*hole it is Fred "I hate the Bills" Smerlas. The Patriots can do no wrong in the WEEI mind. I think Kraft has given them so much money, they just feel the need to continue to lie!

WEEI has a history of having Patriot Homey's.  If not Eddie the A*hole it is Fred "I hate the Bills" Smerlas.  The Patriots can do no wrong in the WEEI mind.  I think Kraft has given them so much money, they just feel the need to continue to lie!

639957[/snapback]

Actually WEEI pays the Pats a boatload of $$$ so they can produce "Patriots Monday" and have access to players and coaches. If WEEI ever criticizes the team, the Krafts would shut them off faster than a drunk at last call.

PTR