The Deal of a lifetime

ROCCEO

Zoist means good or great.

At the very least zoist is something that you always want to be, its something which is worthy of approval if not praise.

2B just means to be, I was running out of characters.

Im calling it now, if the CORRECT Qb falls to 8, the Broncos will trade us 15 and 29 to jump ahead of other teams looking to do the same.  THe bills proceed to draft 2 top shelf prospects, with Michigan DT Gabe Watson being the #29 pick(i bet wed trade up then if need be if another team were to take our guy).

I know this is far fetched.....but its that time of the offseason again to start actin' like a damn fool.

Either way, we need a monster draft this year to not suck fat ones next year.

638351[/snapback]

I actually wish this scenerio would play out.

After the few Blue chippers who will be selected priot to #8, there is little seperation between the player chosen at #8 and a player selected late in the 2nd round. This is a very solid draft, well into the 3rd-4th round.

All of the DT's have issues and fall under the boom or bust label. Ngata is huge but has limited movement. ( Ourlads description - Some Coach will think he can make a silk purse out of a sows ear. ) Bunkley ( Ourlads at Combine - Only practiced two days...got hurt during the week...didn't look real athletic...movements in drills were herky jerky, not a smooth guy, good energy competitor, has some power and was disruptive against the run.Not a great pass rusher..2nd or 3rd round guy. )

Ourlads also noted Watsons benching in a Michigan game. After that, it seemed a light went on in this guys head and he became unstoppable. Can really collapse the pocket and find the RB in a crowd. Much quicker than Ngata and can get to the QB. Couldn't be blocked during the Senior Bowl practices and game. He would free up Triplett and keep the OG's off of Fletcher, allowing him to fly to the ball.

They're all a gamble but this guys upside is unlimited. If we could get the 15th and 29th pick, I'd select Watson with #15 , then a OG or OT with #29 and #42 ( our 2nd ).

This team still has a crying need for a big DT and OL help. We have an excellent opportunity to solve this in April, if we choose wisely.

I actually wish this scenerio would play out.

After the few Blue chippers who will be selected priot to #8, there is little seperation between the player chosen at #8 and a player selected late in the 2nd round. This is a very solid draft, well into the 3rd-4th round.

All of the DT's have issues and fall under the boom or bust label. Ngata is huge but has limited movement. ( Ourlads description - Some Coach will think he can make a silk purse out of a sows ear. ) Bunkley ( Ourlads at Combine - Only practiced two days...got hurt during the week...didn't look real athletic...movements in drills were herky jerky, not a smooth guy, good energy competitor, has some power and was disruptive against the run.Not a great pass rusher..2nd or 3rd round guy. )

Ourlads also noted Watsons benching in a Michigan game. After that, it seemed a light went on in this guys head and he became unstoppable. Can really collapse the pocket and find the RB in a crowd. Much quicker than Ngata and can get to the QB. Couldn't be blocked during the Senior Bowl practices and game. He would free up Triplett and keep the OG's off of Fletcher, allowing him to fly to the ball.

They're all a gamble but this guys upside is unlimited. If we could get the 15th and 29th pick, I'd select Watson with #15 , then a OG or OT with #29 and #42 ( our 2nd ).

This team still has a crying need for a big DT and OL help. We have an excellent opportunity to solve this in April, if we choose wisely.

645229[/snapback]

When the Bills moved from 14th to 21st in 2001, they received an extra 2nd for moving down 7 spots. Remember watching Hutch and Backus fly off the board at 17 and 18? B-)

Because the #8 is that much more valueable, this scenario does not seem impossible. I can't remember the last time that I wanted the Bills to trade down in any draft. This looks like the year to do so, especially if one of those QBs is still on the board at 8.