John Lennon Seance

Rico

Humor is an essential part of life. It can also be a mask for fears. Even lame humor like this thread's can be a mask. You should each face your fears in your own way but $19.95 for the Lennon show can't hurt.

FYI all, Sirhan Sirhan shot Bobby Kennedy, not Lennon. The 80s band, Duran Duran was in part named after him. I think that is rather classless myself.

Choose to watch the session or not, but please realize what your humor really is. It is a mask.

Humor is an essential part of life.  It can also be a mask for fears.  Even lame humor like this thread's can be a mask.  You should each face your fears in your own way but $19.95 for the Lennon show can't hurt.

FYI all, Sirhan Sirhan shot Bobby Kennedy, not Lennon.  The 80s band, Duran Duran was in part named after him.  I think that is rather classless myself.

Choose to watch the session or not, but please realize what your humor really is.  It is a mask.

636312[/snapback]

dialscans from Dec 8, 1980

The Night Lenin was Shot.

FYI all, Sirhan Sirhan shot Bobby Kennedy, not Lennon. The 80s band, Duran Duran was in part named after him. I think that is rather classless myself.

That would be classless, however it is not true.

The band Duran Duran was named after the movie character "Durand Durand" played by Milo O'Shea in the Jane Fonda movie "Barbarella".

Link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062711/

I know this after having grown up with my sister who to this day is a huge Duran Duran fan.

It's amazing what people will apend money on these days.

Here's an idea: If people really want to communicate with John Lennon, why do'nt they just kill themselves?

Then they can party for eternity with Lennon in the afterlife.

Just a thought.

That would be classless, however it is not true.

The band Duran Duran was named after the movie character "Durand Durand" played by Milo O'Shea in the Jane Fonda movie "Barbarella".

Link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062711/

I know this after having grown up with my sister who to this day is a huge Duran Duran fan.

636728[/snapback]

Your statement is correct but so was mine. The character Durand Durand was named for Sirhan Sirhan.

That's some good listening.  These assasinations and attempts in the 70s/80s impacted a lot of people.  I'd like to hear tapes like that from when Reagan or the Pope were shot or when that guy shot down Thurman Munson's plane.

636826[/snapback]

Or when George Kennedy got killed in that movie.

Between your signature line and your post you used three swear words.  You used bastard twice and B word once.  this shows a lot of tension within you. 

I have no idea about what your reference to an omlette means.  It is likely a strange manifestation of your fear involving food.  That is just a guess.

The Lennon sessions may help to relax you as he was a laid back individual.

His daughter penned a song which you may recall.  It is call "Here Comes the Rain Again"  It is relaxing and soothing and will likely be used in the saence.  You may want to listen to it.  It starts like this:

636192[/snapback]

Umm, that's Annie Lennox, crayola-dude, but nice try.

Your statement is correct but so was mine.  The character Durand Durand was named for Sirhan Sirhan.

636825[/snapback]

I was unaware of that.

Still I have a very difficult time believing that the band members of Duran Duran, made it their soul purpose to go with that name, because it was inspired by the man who killed Robert Kennedy.

I've never heard or seen anything done by them that would be considered all too political. Unlike someone such as Bono.

Umm, that's Annie Lennox, crayola-dude, but nice try.

637093[/snapback]

Well D'uh :P Dennis.

Of course it was Annie Lennox. She had dropped the n from her name and added the x to be more cutting edge. There were many bands and artists in the 80s who wanted the x in their name to be cool. The band was almost named the Eurhythmix.

I was unaware of that.

Still I have a very difficult time believing that the band members of Duran Duran, made it their soul purpose to go with that name, because it was inspired by the man who killed Robert Kennedy.

I've never heard or seen anything done by them that would be considered all too political. Unlike someone such as Bono.

637104[/snapback]

Mark,

I don't think the band was even aware that Durand Durand was named after Sirhan Sirhan. They were victims in a sense, but their named was still derived from his. I don't think Jane Seymour can be so easily excused.

It is odd when the pop band has a political name and the political guy gets his name from Cher's husband......and later even he turns political. I wonder if it was a strange circle that ultimately got Sonny into politics.