Was Marv just wasting time with these RFA's?

Marv is a bafoon with zero credentials...he sucks...fire him, fire Jauron...fire everyone...you mean you did not receive the memo from Is Marv Awake?

635855[/snapback]

You know that I am not saying that. Like I said, maybe the Front Office didn't see enough upside in either of these guys, which is fine, then don't pay them.

All I am saying is that it seemed like a half-@ss attempt to sign either.

You know that I am not saying that. Like I said, maybe the Front Office didn't see enough upside in either of these guys, which is fine, then don't pay them.

All I am saying is that it seemed like a half-@ss attempt to sign either.

635859[/snapback]

Oh I know you are not like that...I just took a shot at Is Marv Awake, who I suspect might be a SOPRANO like troll....

Well I hope these sources are wrong about the teams matching....we all know how reliable and equally unreliable sources can be!

Oh I know you are not like that...I just took a shot at Is Marv Awake, who I suspect might be a SOPRANO like troll....

Well I hope these sources are wrong about the teams matching....we all know how reliable and equally unreliable sources can be!

635874[/snapback]

I figured as much :doh: . I am with you and hope that reports are wrong.

The problem is you never know in these situations what the other team might do. Arizona offered Wells a ridiculously low contract and the Bills offered him one that was alot higher, the key is, does Arizona think that he is worth that much to them or would gaining an extra pick be worth not having to pay that contract.

RFA are tough to make deals with because you may be doing some work for the other team by helping them negotiate a new contract for the guy, but its not impossible to steal players away.

Marv is just practicing his negotiating tactics. ;)

Since you're convinced these guys will be retained by their current teams, Marv is trying out some new techniques under the new CBA while incurrig little downside.

As you can see, his plan helped to land that big free agent QB. ;)

I think it's like putting in an early, but low, bid for something on eBay. You just KNOW someone is going to come in and outbid you just before the auction ends, but you hold on to that one slim hope/chance that you might actually pull off a great deal ... and every once in a while, it actually happens!

... and if it doesn't, you're really not out much.

GO BILLS!

I think it's like putting in an early, but low, bid for something on eBay.  You just KNOW someone is going to come in and outbid you just before the auction ends, but you hold on to that one slim hope/chance that you might actually pull off a great deal ... and every once in a while, it actually happens!

... and if it doesn't, you're really not out much.

GO BILLS!

636122[/snapback]

Maybe the Bills should search on eBay for some lineman?

The Bills seem to be building from the bottom up.

Establishing a good core of 3rd string backups and special teams players and then working their way up to the 2nd string players.

Oh the management at OBD has outfoxed the rest of the league who are mistakenly focused on getting starters for their teams.

Maybe the Bills should search on eBay for some lineman?

The Bills seem to be building from the bottom up.

Establishing a good core of 3rd string backups and special teams players and then working their way up to the 2nd string players.

Oh the management at OBD has outfoxed the rest of the league who are mistakenly focused on getting starters for their teams.

636308[/snapback]

Sounds more logical than throwing $$$$ at a few guys with no supporting cast to surround them with. But hey, you've heard of them. ;)

Sounds more logical than throwing $$$$ at a few guys with no supporting cast to surround them with.  But hey, you've heard of them.  ;)

636313[/snapback]

Funny thing is .... the guys you've heard of seem to be in the playoffs!

Oh! maybe that's were you heard of them! Go figure.

Never heard of them until a couple Bills fans started mentioning them on here as FA's Buffalo should go after and everyone got a hardon for them

If Marv didn't make a move for these RFA's and some team were to pick them up, There would be posts about Why Marv isn't making an attempt to sign them. Now that Marv made an attempt, Everyone is saying he is wasting his time cause they will never get him. You never know what the other team is gonna do, and the Bills made offers that were alot higher then the tenders that were made to these RFA's by their own team.