Offer sheets

KRT88

By signing two RFA to offer sheets it seems to me like the Bills are doing the contract work for other teams.

Chicago is likely to match Idonije offer sheet because it is not an outrageous amount. The Wells offer seems to be a bit more complex and the Bills may have offered more than the Cards are willing to spend. However, wouldn't it was been a smarter move to try to work out a trade for these two players first. The Bills may have explored this avenue but if you are going to give away draft picks for FA I would have spent more cash and made stronger efforts for some of the UFA out there.

Also, with Reed back (why I have no clue), Parrish on board, Davis signed and Evans going no where, why are the Bills acting like they are going to keep Moulds? I would like him around for another year or two but it seems painfully obvious the Bills are gonna cut him, show some respect for a guy who busted his butt for 10 years and let him have a shot at getting a deal with another team. Otherwise just announce we are not going release him and back it up by guaranteeing his money.

Why is this team not trying to sign Tank Williams? I do not see lots of promise at the safety position and I do not want Cory Wire opening the season as a starter!

By signing two RFA to offer sheets it seems to me like the Bills are doing the contract work for other teams.

Chicago is likely to match Idonije offer sheet because it is not an outrageous amount.  The Wells offer seems to be a bit more complex and the Bills may have offered more than the Cards are willing to spend.  However, wouldn't it was been a smarter move to try to work out a trade for these two players first.  The Bills may have explored this avenue but if you are going to give away draft picks for FA I would have spent more cash and made stronger efforts for some of the UFA out there.

Also, with Reed back (why I have no clue), Parrish on board, Davis signed and Evans going no where, why are the Bills acting like they are going to keep Moulds?  I would like him around for another year or two but it seems painfully obvious the Bills are gonna cut him, show some respect for a guy who busted his butt for 10 years and let him have a shot at getting a deal with another team.  Otherwise just announce we are not going release him and back it up by guaranteeing his money.

Why is this team not trying to sign Tank Williams?  I do not see lots of promise at the safety position and I do not want Cory Wire opening the season as a starter!

635065[/snapback]

The reason there is no attempt to trade for these players is the Bills would only have to give up a 6th round pick for Wells if they sign him and for Idonije they wouldnt have to give up anything as the Bears have the right to refuse the first offer. If they were to trade for these two players they would likely have to give up more.

As for Williams, how do you know they aren't trying to sign him? Just because KFFL hasn't reported that Buffalo sent him an email stating possible interest doesnt mean there hasn't been interest expressed. Hang tight and see what comes up. As any smart businessman knows, you can't always bite on the first deal that comes along.

Chicago is likely to match Idonije offer sheet because it is not an outrageous amount.  The Wells offer seems to be a bit more complex and the Bills may have offered more than the Cards are willing to spend.  However, wouldn't it was been a smarter move to try to work out a trade for these two players first.  The Bills may have explored this avenue but if you are going to give away draft picks for FA I would have spent more cash and made stronger efforts for some of the UFA out there.

Also, with Reed back (why I have no clue), Parrish on board, Davis signed and Evans going no where, why are the Bills acting like they are going to keep Moulds?  I would like him around for another year or two but it seems painfully obvious the Bills are gonna cut him, show some respect for a guy who busted his butt for 10 years and let him have a shot at getting a deal with another team.  Otherwise just announce we are not going release him and back it up by guaranteeing his money.

Why is this team not trying to sign Tank Williams?  I do not see lots of promise at the safety position and I do not want Cory Wire opening the season as a starter!

635065[/snapback]

Did he sit down awkwardly on that bench in miami and bust his butt? I hadn't read that. They must have hard benches there.

Coming into the Off-Season the #1 player on my Wish List not the Bills needs or the player that would help the most, But the player I like the most was "Tank". A monster hitter whos young and has the size and ability to develop into a Roy Williams or Ed Reed type of game changer

Coming into the Off-Season the #1 player on my Wish List not the Bills needs or the player that would help the most, But the player I like the most was "Tank". A monster hitter whos young and has the size and ability to develop into a Roy Williams or Ed Reed type of game changer

635080[/snapback]

Williams is more of a Milloy type player that plays in the box, the Bills will be needing a cover two type safety and although I agree Tank will be a good pickup for a team he does not fit the Bills needs for that position. I like the safety from the Vols in the draft I think his last name is Allen, and he might be available in the second or third round.

Williams is more of a Milloy type player that plays in the box, the Bills will be needing a cover two type safety and although I agree Tank will be a good pickup for a team he does not fit the Bills needs for that position. I like the safety from the Vols in the draft I think his last name is Allen, and he might be available in the second or third round.

635092[/snapback]

I have posted the top 100 rated draft players a few posts down. The safety you refer to is rated the 13th best player in the entire draft by them. If he lasts until the third round, great, but I suspect he will go much earlier.

Bills | Arizona expected to match Wells' offer sheet

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 06:25:06 -0800

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Arizona Cardinals likely will match the Buffalo Bills' offer sheet to OG Reggie Wells, a restricted free agent, Cardinals vice president for football operations Rod Graves said. Cardinals officials will meet early this week to make a final determination, but Graves said he expects the club will keep Wells. "Our position all along is we wanted to keep Reggie," he said, "and I think that's probably what we'll do."

I have posted the top 100 rated draft players a few posts down.  The safety you refer to is rated the 13th best player in the entire draft by them.  If he lasts until the third round, great, but I suspect he will go much earlier.

635134[/snapback]

I did not see that post. I am a Vols fan I have kept tabs on him. I like him and I saw that he was expected to go in like the 3rd round due to past injury on a different board. The way he is rated on that board the Bills have no way of getting him. Thanks for the info

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Arizona Cardinals likely will match the Buffalo Bills' offer sheet to OG Reggie Wells, a restricted free agent, Cardinals vice president for football operations Rod Graves said. Cardinals officials will meet early this week to make a final determination, but Graves said he expects the club will keep Wells. "Our position all along is we wanted to keep Reggie," he said, "and I think that's probably what we'll do."

635136[/snapback]

Thats not good news. So that leaves Runyan and Neal as the only viable options at this point. Is there anybody else in the OL scrap heap out there to pick from??

Thats not good news. So that leaves Runyan and Neal as the only viable options at this point. Is there anybody else in the OL scrap heap out there to pick from??

635140[/snapback]

Bills should have made a very serious offer if they really wanted him.

635136[/snapback]

Dennis Green was on total access last night and actually mentioned Reggie by name caliing him a great young player. I think they'll match as well. Funny, he was the only olineman he mentioned. On the other hand I think we have a 50/50 shot to land Idonije. 1.7 million for them to keep around a back up dl is steep for the Bears.

Edit:

($1.6 million a year and received a $1.8 million bonus)